Sign in to follow this  

Crf 150f

Hey all, i have an 06 crf150f that was originally my brothers but i brought it off him as a project bike, i wish to place USD forks on it, i would like to do as little machining as possible, i was wondering whether kx forks or another type of fork would bolt up, and also, is there a shock that i can get off another bike that will require minimum machining to get right, as well as this, engine mods? :thumbsup:

I have 2001 kx85 forks on my 2003 crf150f. And the only things you need are the kx85 triple clamps and brake caliper and the kx100 front wheel so that it is a 19 inch. I would reccomend getting the stem pressed out a bit.. I didnt but when i get some more money i beleive i am going to. because as of right now i have no washer on it and i put thread locker on the nut because its tight but its not as tight as it could be and will loosen up over time but with the thread locker it stays. But i will definately be getting the stem pressed out ASAP. But thats all you need and you got the kx forks on her. And as for the rear shock. I am running a cr85 rear shock off i beleive a 2007 and i have the bbr spring on it. And im happy with the whole suspension set up. But the kx85 fork springs are soft so you will need to get stiffer fork springs too which i havent done yet. Overall i got the cr85 rear shock for $60, BBR spring for $80. I got the forks from a local guy off craigslist for $125 w/ triple clamps and 17 inch rim. And the 19 inch rim costed me 125. so i have i beleive $390 into the whole set up. which i dont think is to horrible. But keep in mind its not completely finished yet. And im not sure when it will be because i want to finish it up. but at the same time i need to start saving up if i want a diesel truck when im 16. So kind of stuck haha:banghead:

As for engine mods i just have a UNI Filter with the exhaust uncorked and a jet kit. And right now im in the process of doing a .50 piston. And to be honest i think id just do full "bolt ons" and youd be fine. And dont put out alot for an exhaust because the baffle out i think does the same thing. And i have a 49t Rear sprocket.. So it runs pretty good in my opinion.