Sign in to follow this  

Upgrading my honda crf 150f

I want some more power for the least amount of money as possible($100-$300) without upgrading the exhaust on the bike(because I live in California). Any suggestions on how to make it more powerful and or lighter? I have been looking at bore kits from bbr and engins only, but they are too much $$$. Anything information is great on the topic is acceptable.

Uncork and re-jet. Usually you don't even need a new needle. An uncorked 150f is a lot of fun! The power difference is large.

What year is your bike though? A first gen engine build will be completely different than a second gen.

At a $300 budget, I would try to get a higher compression piston and a drop-in cam. I was able to get a Wiseco for my 230 extremely cheap new on ebay with rings and all. A cam will set you back a little under $200 if you trade in your stock cam. You can probably manage uncorking, piston, and cam. If not, save up more and you'll be glad you did!

there are a few ways to go about this i think, you could increase the overall power of the engine, through the use of a big bore kit. You could change the power delivery that is already there, through the use of a cdi kit, or you could change the way the bike handles through tuning the suspension, and tires can make a large difference to the power that reaches the ground. My pick of these modifications would be to tune your suspension properly to start with, this could be done with racetech emulators for the fork, and a re-valved cr85 shock to fit with minimum modifications, the bike should also be re-jetted, take out the snorkel from the airbox, and if you dont mind the noise, the baffle out of the exhaust i hope this helps you mate,

Byrnesy

My 150f is a 2009. I took the snorkel out and I put in a jetting kit, also I took the baffle out too and I just ordered a 12t, 50t sprockets to make it into a hill climber. I was looking into changing the cam, but could not find any for my bike because of it is a 2009. Is there any parts that I could get that would make it lighter? What special tool(if any)/parts do i need to adjust the suspension?

Thanks

Totalxq

Edited by Totalxq
forgot some things to say

Id say a hotcams stage 2, unless you want down low power, and some sort of nice piston, at about 150 each, its about 300 bucks total. Sounds like lots of fun to me.