Sign in to follow this  

MRANN Tankslappers 2011 Waterfall

Video from the top of a rock waterfall at the Tankslappers Tarantula 120 that was held on 10/16/2011. Lots of crashes, lots of semi witty commentary and a lot of frustrated riders. All the riders did an amazing job. Riding a dirt bike while exhausted is a trial, getting up this obstacle really does show a commitment that only racers understand I think, particularly off road racers.

I think this was at race mile 21 or 22. Which means that on lap 2 it was at race mile 61 or 62. Third lap around? Race mile 101 or 102. Go ride 100 miles on a regular old dirt road and then try this lol

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3 (Best one)

Edited by RenoMike

Video does not do the terrain justice! Great videos! I ride Southern Nevada and not much different. Liked seeing all the KTM's!

If I had to give it some numbers I'd say it's about 9-10 feet vertical from the dog leg to the top and each step up is 1-2 feet high. And it's 4 step ups right in a row. With a bunch of loose dirt scattered around for fun.

It sure was fun to ride it though. The 3rd and 4th video's will be more entertaining as riders get more tired and start ghost riding bikes up it hehe.

LMAO in the 3rd vid when 724 is stuck and 128 gets sideways, the guy off to the side chowin down on cheetos enjoying the show, then 724 going for the kill switch.

He took my hand off the clutch, that's why I ghost rid it, I SWEAR!:thumbsup:

TankSlappers2011379a.jpg

I think this was at race mile 21 or 22. Which means that on lap 2 it was at race mile 61 or 62. Third lap around? Race mile 101 or 102. Go ride 100 miles on a regular old dirt road and then try this lol

John ya that was one of the best. I wish bobber would post the results I am so curious to see who won between those two :thumbsup:

The backflip was pretty nuts too. Apparently the bike was none the worse for wear.

John ya that was one of the best. I wish bobber would post the results I am so curious to see who won between those two :worthy:

The backflip was pretty nuts too. Apparently the bike was none the worse for wear.[/quote

I know....I do D37 H&H's. I have only watched part one but I was gonna say that they looked pretty fresh. I know when I squid out on obstacles like this around race mile 80 I'm like :ride::thumbsup:

Part 1 and 2 are everyone's first time through it. I tried to get video of everyone who raced. Part three is the fun stuff from their 2nd and 3rd attempts. Part 3 is absolutely the best one to watch.