Sign in to follow this  

Husqvarna Dakar Rally team off to great start in Marocco Rally

RallyRaid,es: http://www.rallyraid.es/2011/10/joan-barreda-debut-y-victoria-con-husqvarna-en-marruecos-12556

Joan Barreda, Husqvarna and Victory debut in Morocco

OCTOBER 17, 2011 19:32

PRESS RELEASE

Joan Barreda, on his debut in the team by SPEEDBRAIN HUSQVARNA MONSTER has achieved a clear victory in the disputed period between the towns of Ouarzazate and Zagora, with 294 kms timed.

0000375760.jpg

Good start to the Spanish rider who started in late position to bring back 12, and must overcome during the dust phase of the pilots who preceded him, but has maintained a steady pace during the first part of the journey, and after refueling in 175 km printed in a little more speed to get a lead of almost three minutes over his Portuguese teammate Paulo Goncalves.

00023756551.jpg

In this way, the new Husqvarna TE 449 RR achieves an impressive double on his debut in the big rallies.

Joan Barreda: "I am very satisfied. It is important to debut in this way with this team, and also translate on the track work has been done previously. I must congratulate for the excellent performance SPEEDBRAIN the bike.

Tomorrow will be another difficult day, which will open in a track and sand dunes. I hope to keep progressing and keep taking my driving experience. "

Classification Stage 1

JOAN BARREDA 1, 4:08:15

2 º Paulo Gonçalves at 2:54

3 rd David Casteau to 3:15

4 th 7:10 Helder Rodrigues

5 th at 7:10 Oliver Pain

Positive Racing news from the other side of the pond. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Awesome news for husky. :thumbsup: Hope they can keep the hammer down and put that 449 on the podium.

Geee, I wonder why they don't show pictures with the frame? :thumbsup:

I'm guessing it is still the BMW under there? Development time not enough to use the new frame?

I'm guessing it is still the BMW under there? Development time not enough to use the new frame?

I saw a couple pic's. Yes it's still BMW frame.

I guess it does not really matter on those bikes as they are so highly modified they are not even close to anything stock. Look at that swingarm.

I guess it does not really matter on those bikes as they are so highly modified they are not even close to anything stock. Look at that swingarm.

Now that is new, They've been running an extended swing arm for over a year but that linkage and new upper shock mount is all new to the rallye platformed G450X

Now that is new, They've been running an extended swing arm for over a year but that linkage and new upper shock mount is all new to the rallye platformed G450X

And what looks like a WP shock which is strange on a BMW / Husky

And what looks like a WP shock which is strange on a BMW / Husky

From day one Speedbrain has been using WP works stuff on the G450X's I didn't like the fact BMW was willing to race with WP's but offered the bike with Ohlins/Zokes for production grade