Sign in to follow this  

Supercross A Ride for JS7?

Has anyone heard anything about what James Stewart will be riding this year?

Also, someone told me that he didn't like the Yamaha YZ450F. Does anyone have any published evidence to support that claim?

I saw some footage of him on a YZ250 2-stroke. . . It's possible, but unlikely.

According to GuyB on Vital forum the Stewart/JGR yamaha deal is done !

According to GuyB on Vital forum the Stewart/JGR yamaha deal is done !

Yup, Buy B. wouldn't say it unless he was pretty sure.

I think he'd do well on either. I hear alot of trash talking about the Yamahas (I do own one, but I'm open minded :thumbsup:), but when I think back about the races where he did poorly and lost the title, none seemed related to the bike.

He had a race where he went down in the first turn, and didn't finish.

He gave it too much gas and looped out on a double at Daytona, causing a 9th place finish. (after pulling out about a 10 second lead on RV in just a few laps)

He had another race where he started poorly, and got together with RV in a turn.

He had another race where he landed on Jason Thomas.

He had a race almost won, then got into it with Reed, and dropped two positions by trying to block him at the end.

There were also alot of races where he was easily the fastest guy out there.

I don't think the Yamaha was the problem. That's not to say that he might not be faster another bike, but he was fast as hell last year and could have won the title had he shown more consistency and ridden a little bit smarter.

I think he'd do well on either. I hear alot of trash talking about the Yamahas (I do own one, but I'm open minded :thumbsup:), but when I think back about the races where he did poorly and lost the title, none seemed related to the bike.

He had a race where he went down in the first turn, and didn't finish.

He gave it too much gas and looped out on a double at Daytona, causing a 9th place finish. (after pulling out about a 10 second lead on RV in just a few laps)

He had another race where he started poorly, and got together with RV in a turn.

He had another race where he landed on Jason Thomas.

He had a race almost won, then got into it with Reed, and dropped two positions by trying to block him at the end.

There were also alot of races where he was easily the fastest guy out there.

I don't think the Yamaha was the problem. That's not to say that he might not be faster another bike, but he was fast as hell last year and could have won the title had he shown more consistency and ridden a little bit smarter.

I'm neither a JS7 fan nor a Yamaha basher. But, I saw a guy that wasn't happy with the rear shock on his bike.

- He got bucked off the bike at Daytona when the shock rebounded unexpectedly

- He struggled in the whoops much of the season

- Eventually got bucked in the whoops at Dallas and used Reed as a berm

- Got bucked in the whoops again at Vegas and took Windham with him

Also, consider

- JGR is one of the last major teams coming back to Yamaha

- JGR has been building their own custom rear shock for a while now

I suspect the pros cook the rear shock and lose damping before they can complete a main/moto. It's probably not a problem for us slow hobbyists.

And the fact he rides without his fingers on the clutch lever causes alot of his wrecks

Well I think also no one will ever know if the bike is the issue or not. Others do well on it but who rides a Yamaha that is as fast as James. Other riders have stated or hinted they have not liked the bike so we will see this season now.

What's it matter and who cares? Unfortunately, JS(G-Money)7 sucks. Yammi this year, JGR? JSGM7 will have either DNF'd the season by the 8th race or place 4th again in lieu of winning the championship because JSGM7 is a loser. Too bad this is, just is how it is.

1 if its is jgr it makes the most sense he will make the most money there buy retaining outside sponsors 2- its a smart move to build this relationship for the future maybe transition into nasscar? james has always been into it and has been seen at races many times

1 if its is jgr it makes the most sense he will make the most money there buy retaining outside sponsors 2- its a smart move to build this relationship for the future maybe transition into nasscar? james has always been into it and has been seen at races many times

:thumbsup:

They won't force JS7 to abide by their, "live there train there" policy. I think the Coach will be a good influence on James and will be able to advise him like few others could regarding Nascar. Seems like a good deal for both parties.

there is nothing about this on Transworld , and Don is friends with the Stewart's

Transworld usually just publishes press releases, not the gossip the other sites indulge in.

Transworld usually just publishes press releases, not the gossip the other sites indulge in.

exactly , why no press release , JS knows everybody is waiting to hear he has a ride

exactly , why no press release , JS knows everybody is waiting to hear he has a ride

Takes a while for a contract like JS's to be worked out, especially if he has been shopping teams.

I think (not that it means anything) Stewart/JGR is the best fit for him. The JGR bike look to be some of the best setup Yami in the field so the bike excuse is out. James needs to practice how he races, push the bike to its absolute limit so he mechanic can see whats going on with it during practice, not the race.

What's it matter and who cares? Unfortunately, JS(G-Money)7 sucks. Yammi this year, JGR? JSGM7 will have either DNF'd the season by the 8th race or place 4th again in lieu of winning the championship because JSGM7 is a loser. Too bad this is, just is how it is.

funny you say who cares cause you have posted the same thing in every js7 thread so for someone that doesn't care you sure do post a lot about him and even gave him a nickname that is IMO one of the dumbest and not funny or clever ones out there. that loser made more last year in the offseason than you did and he didn't even race! your more than entitled for your opinion of him but really a loser? he has won many championships.. MANY races and has done things on a bike that seem impossible. i guess thats what makes you a loser then so be it. i guess i kinda hope not because what would that make me and you? :ride: get over your crying and move on! :worthy::thumbsup::worthy:

if you want something to go away... stop talking about him.... ie. Jason Lawrence. just too bad for you js7 still has the talent and will still win races/championships!