Sign in to follow this  

wheel bearings?

i have recently bought a 2009 yz 250f, the bike works great, i only have one complant, i cant keep rear wheel bearing in it. i have now put 6 set of wheel bearings in the bike , i only get about 4 rides on each set of bearings.

i have put three sets of allball bearing and three sets of yamaha bearing, none of them seem to last,

any body have anyidea what going on?:thumbsup:

Wow. Something's wrong. This is my 4th yz250f and none wore out the rear wheel bearings and all wore out 1 set of front bearings. All were sold with about 150 hrs on them.

Are the wheel and hubs stock? Are you sure the spacers are in correctly? What is wearing out on the bearings? Lack of lube is the number 1 cause of failure but it sounds like you are doing that. Are you spraying a pressure washer directly on the bearings? Have you tried packing the bearings with marine grease?

Sounds like an incorrect spacer issue. It is also possible that you are putting them in incorrectly. Are you doing the work or a mechanic? I ask because if you add up the dimensions of all the parts and hub, there will be a gap between the outer race of the brake side bearing and the hub. I you just forcefully drive them in it could damage them, in my opinion. At least that is how my bikes are.

yea the hubs are stock swede73. but I think u guys might be right about thr spacers being incorrect.. ill cheeck it out

i think i found the problem. my spacer that goes inside seperating the bearings is sheared off and razor sharp , but i still dont know what caused this... anyone have any ideas?