Sign in to follow this  

ktm sx125 2002 no spark.

The bike won't run! I can't get a spark out of it.

The spark plugs use to foul very often and I leaned the bike (I thought that wos the problem) and changed the plug, and i can't get a spark!! If i kick it very hard i get a really really small spark (almost can't see it).

What could be the problem?

Thanks,

Eli.

If I'll change the ingnition coil would it fix it?

Please help.

Thanks, Eli.

KTM spark is not very noticeable by design.. I have found resistance engineered into the plug wire to sustain the spark over a longer duration.. Could be that your piston, rings and cylinder need work to get your compression back up to where the engine will fire.. I would check the compression first,.

Edited by zilla

How did you lean the bike out? Changing the jets or adjusting the needle? KTMs its all about the needle.

I leaned it with the needle and air screw.

But why don't I get a spark from the bike? the top end is new!

Hi im new here , recently ( about a month ago ) i bought a ktm 125 sx 2000 model for £900 and have had to fix the exhaust , back wheel and changed the plug on it but yesterday my friend was out on it and it just died ... he said it just bogged out but the bike is getting very very low compression so im thinking the piston and or rings have went , YOU CAN ALSO KICK THE KICKSTART ALL THE WAY TO THE FOOT PEG THATS NOT RIGHT EH ? was just wondering if any1 could help me out , do you need to re-sleeve the barrel every time you change the piston ? please get back to me as soon as possible because im really gutted after just spending like a grand on it n it to be sitting like that thanks in advance.

Those bikes had stators that had some issues.Make sure it's not the spark plug cap, then have the stator tested.