Sign in to follow this  

Dirt Bike Concerns..

If you could address any concerns you have with your dirt bike and see that these concerns were eliminated for good, what would it be??

I'd like to see fork seal leaks eliminated..:thumbsup:

Id love to see 4stroke engines that dont blow up !!!

Thinking about it I suppose the biggest issue for me would also be fork seals and suspension services, theres loads of small faults and always plenty of maintenance to keep on top of but thats part of the fun spending a few hours out the garage with the radio on doing some work on the bikes !!

Bikes are pretty good these days. Maybe put a but more care in making a engine that is a little more bullet proof ie oil and air filter should be the closes i get to engine work. for the first 7 years of ownership.

I have been wondering why more bikes don't use 2 full quarts of oil like the DRZ400, it just makes sence to me.

id dont mind maitenance. suspension is perfectly set up for eevery rider or a flawless engine(no valve checks, no loss of compression, no rring piston valve replacement.)

I would like to see a linkage and swingarm with all sealed bearings. I hate working on those damn needle bearings all the time :thumbsup:

brake caliper bleed screw threads that don't suck and calipers that leave enough room to tap up to the next size. it's looking like i'll have to shell out $110 i don't have for my street bike 'cuz of this stupid crap.

1. No valves - ie - bring back the 2 stroke so we can have cheap reliable fun.

2. How tough could it be to install grease zerks on the swingarm/linkage/steering head/hubs to make maintenance a breeze.

1. No valves - ie - bring back the 2 stroke so we can have cheap reliable fun.

2. How tough could it be to install grease zerks on the swingarm/linkage/steering head/hubs to make maintenance a breeze.

Dont know where you thought it went, in my area almost everyone is on a newer YZ KTM or GasGas 2 stroke...they just keep getting better...well KTM GasGas and Husky's atleast.

One concern I wish they fixed...worn out footpeg holes on steel framed bikes. Need removable footpeg mounts like aluminum framed bikes

Better valves and valve seats! These things should go for years without adjustment and replacement. And yes MNkayaker motors should hold a full 2 quarts of oil. Make these motors last and I would have no problem spending good $ on a new bike.

Don't want to own any of the 3 bikes you mentioned so my only alternative is a YZ which hasn't changed since 05, none of the others even make a 2 stroke anymore, so I think my concern for missing 2 strokes is pretty valid.

Don't want to own any of the 3 bikes you mentioned so my only alternative is a YZ which hasn't changed since 05, none of the others even make a 2 stroke anymore, so I think my concern for missing 2 strokes is pretty valid.

I think thats a pretty dumb argument, your by your own choice missing 2 strokes. Everyone else that wants one is enjoying the improved performance and quality of the up to date 2 strokes. Both me and my riding buddy switched from newer YZ250's to GasGas and KTM respectivly....both of us agree we will probably never own a jap bike again...2 or 4 stroke.

You gotta be kidding me right??? Have you seen 2 stroke sled technology? It blows any 2 stroke MX technology away....if the manufacturers were serious about investing in 2 stroke MX technology, you would see 2 strokes that blow your mind. All the bikes out there are utilizing 30 year old motor technology, the only improvements you see are on the frame and suspension, it's about time the manufacturers started to utilize MOTOR technology that is readily available to them. Pollution seems to be the excuse why no one is developing serious 2 strokes yet today's 2 stroke sleds use so little oil they pass pollution tests with flying colors....and they are STILL really reliable and way cheaper to repair than a 4 stroke.

A flat proof foam tube that people can afford to put on their bikes. I don't like having to carry a spare tube & tools to change a tire when you go on those long out of the way places.