Sign in to follow this  

In search of riding buddies

I have been out of riding for about the last 6 years. I have a four year old daughter and recently went through a divorce...I'm looking for people to go riding with in the Modesto, CA area. Anyone need a riding buddy?

Jennifer

I have been out of riding for about the last 6 years. I have a four year old daughter and recently went through a divorce...I'm looking for people to go riding with in the Modesto, CA area. Anyone need a riding buddy?

Jennifer

I am on the DL right now.....but in the Bay Area.

I might be ready to get back on pegs in about a month.

I'd be on a KDX200, a KTMexc250 (REALLY tall), or somethig REALLY old school. I'll be slow and overly cautious.

I have a special needs 17 year old (high functioning Autistic) and a 9 year old daughter still at home. They can either go with, or not. Neither really rides.

Our closest legal off road area is 45 minutes from here (carnegie)...Modesto is like maybe an hour-ish.

Where is there to ride in Modesto?

You're not tooooo far from me (2.5 hours maybe?) BUT I'm off the bike for the next 9 months + :thumbsup: - otherwise I'd say lets go!

You're not tooooo far from me (2.5 hours maybe?) BUT I'm off the bike for the next 9 months + :worthy: - otherwise I'd say lets go!

So your gut feeling was right DQ...yay!!Maybe a future thumpette in the making!!:ride::thumbsup:

So your gut feeling was right DQ...yay!!Maybe a future thumpette in the making!!:ride::thumbsup:

Yep!! Very excited! First ultrasound was this morning.

Thorina,

Let me know when you are ready to get back on the bike. I'm sure I will be pretty slow too. LOL carnegie would the closest place for me to ride too.

Congratulations! I see you are from the central coast. Where a bouts? I grew up in SLO ( paso robles actually).

Congratulations! I see you are from the central coast. Where a bouts? I grew up in SLO ( paso robles actually).

We live in Atascadero now, but by the end of the year we will be in our new home in Paso. :thumbsup:

I grew up in the Los Osos / Morro Bay area. :ride:

Thorina,

Let me know when you are ready to get back on the bike. I'm sure I will be pretty slow too. LOL carnegie would the closest place for me to ride too.

I need to go pick up an old school trials bike from Reno....once I have it, I'll be ready to ride trials. I have to do some spins on the trials bike to see how close I am to a ride-ride.

If you wanna make a trials day....I can do that pretty dang soon. Might even be able to pry *my* trials bike from my BIL....so we'd have 2 to break bad old school style, if you wanted to.

I don't know exactly when I am picking up the bike from Reno. Was set to do it like 2 weeks ago, but it rained/snowed almost all of that week. LOL I can drive in the snow just fine...but that doesn't mean I go out of my way to do so. :thumbsup:

I dont know if your looking for just women riders,which the gals here will Learn ya quickly:) I have an aprilia 450 if you go to af1 into the rxv/sxv forum theres a few guys in California you might be able to hook up w ,that is if you dont mind riding w guys or vice versa.Good luck to ya.:thumbsup:

I'm down in San Jose. I'm super new, so I'm pretty cautious and slow. I was at Metcalf this morning. I asked if I could join the junior rangers (since I'm old and have reverted back to my childhood), but they said I would have to wait for the 'all womens group' :busted:. Don't know when that will happen. Once I can load/unload and transport the bike myself I would come up to Carnegie to play.