Sign in to follow this  

03yz 250

im looking for peak horse power and high rev bike. i was wondering will the yz125 ignition system fit on a yz250? if so dosnt the yz125 rev higher than the 250? and yall talked about HPI ignitions who sells these and whats the name?

i don't think you can switch two different size motor's cdi box... the timing would be off and it probably wouldnt run..as for the high rev boxes all those do is raise the limiter up a couple thousand rpms..

If you don't mind me asking, what are you trying to achieve and how is it that money is no limit?

Ignition boxes wont do crap for a 250. Get a dial indicator and you can set your timing were ever you want it. Those hoopty boxes are not worth the $. Get Eric Gorrs 300 mid/high with ported piston 110 olney. You will have more top end then you know what to do with. I have that kit for ice racing OMG. Try The RB carb mod also it opens you carb up some. But in the end jetting and just keeping a good healty engine will give you the crazy power. I run ceramic bearing and have heavily polished everything in the lower end of my ice race motor. I have noticed a big FWW in my race engine has realy carreyed some crazy high revs at times compared to what it felt with no fww. Im also running a noligy coil and wire on my race engine but I havnt proved if it was a major gain over the oem coil. I have more testing to do.

A 125 ignition will gain you nothing but problems. A 125 is ported to scream because they make more power in the top end then they have no low end.

im willing to put a couple thousand in the motor. s14 i like what your saying. we do retard the timing on our bikes to fire differently to make more power i do know that. what is eric gorrs 200/mid /high? a pipe? pm me your tele # id like to talk to vyou more about your knoledge on the motor of the yz. My bike is ported and rifle bored to open it up more. i dont know if its the same as what your talking about but maybe? I strictly dont give a flipp about bottom end at all i need PEAK REV. Im full throttle basically 24/7 on this bike due to the type of racing i do.

i just talked to the guy and he told me DEP pipe i have all the work done already that he would do anyways. im going VOrtex Cdi, Nology coil , Wire, Biggest jet i can find, and advance or retard my timing. as soon as all is done ill post a video up for you guys and get some pics

I had a problem getting the needle out of the YZ250 carb and got instead the needle out of the RM250 engine I took out of its frame. So at first went with 180 on the main and misinterpreted the sputter with lean. Went higher on the main and the guys of the forum gave me the info needed; hallsy gave me the idea how to use it. Now I can run it with a 178 main and the seems to be OK. I will get more needles too to have more to play with.

I would swear you took that picture in my garage. It looks like crap. I have 4 wheels sitting in the corner of mine, gas cans all over and more junk to get in the way of getting my bikes out. But I like it that way. That pipe looks dented up a bit. That might hurt but I don't know, maybe not.

Looks like you do a little hill climbing or drag racing, eh?

lol yeah my garage has 3 street bikes and 2 dirtbikes and it smells like fuel lol. Yeah i do a little bit of hill climbin. Yeah maybe but im getting a DEP pipe next week and i already popped the dent out of the pipe with the pressurizing heat method

A bigger or modified carb should help if wide open top end is what you need. Maybe open up the airbox some too?