Sign in to follow this  

TXC 310 or KTM 350 XC-F

I am seriously considering buying a TXC 310 vs. the KTM 350 XC-F but I would like some thoughts from the Husky crowd on this. I have been a KTM rider for the last few years (40 Intermediate). I currently ride a 2008 KTM 450 XC-F which is a very aggressive bike, and more bike than I need. The bike would be used mostly for GP's, enduros, and desert Hare Scrambles. I have never owned a Husky so I know very little but they seem to be serious about getting back into the game. I am a little concerned about parts parts availability both OEM and aftermarket. What about reliability? Both my KTMs have been super reliable and a pleasure to own.

I can save a significant amount of money on the initial purchase vs. the KTM, plus as I said I am excited about the direction Husky is moving with the TXC 310. I would appreciate any thoughts or feedback.

Regards.

The TXC310 is going to be a fantastic bike. Will be testing one next weekend. Heard from friends they are great. I also have a freind with a 2012 KTM350 XCF-W and it is very nice as well. For me (and I'm a husky lover) if you were mainly riding tighter stuff I would pick the 310. Feels just as fast between corners if not faster as it revs quicker, feels lighter and turns better. If you need a wide ratio trans and faster speeds / more versatility the 350 wins with it's WIDE 6 speed. The husky is VERY reliable and very EZ to get parts for. Husky has been "back in it" for a long time now. GREAT bikes. Yes, you can get a 310 for 1500-2000 less which is huge and outfits the 310 like a king. Oh, the suspension on the KTM is VERY good out of the box but slightly on the soft side. The 310 is very good to but as much as i have hated PDS in the past I think the KTM is slightly better stock for stock. Oh, there have been reports of injector clogging on the KTM's, might look into that. The husky EFI is good but can be far better with a JD EFI tuner.

So save some money and get the 310 with it's world class handling and smaller lighter feel or spend more for some versatility and more aftermarket options. Really can't go wrong with ether.

Here is my Husky TC250 and his KTM350 on our last ride...

DSCF0386-L.jpg

that 350 is a VERY good looking bike.

DSCF0393-L.jpg

This is how my buddy Ken feels about it after i adjusted the suspension for him...

DSCF0425-L.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks. My local dealer has a demo TXC 310 on the way so I should get demo the 350 and the 310 side by side.

I think the TXC310 may win a few bike of the year awards, like last year's TE310 did. The reviews I've seen so far indicate they've made all the right moves with it.

I was in the same spot you are last week and ended up getting a good deal on a 2012 350 XC-W.That is my bike in the pictures Ride posted. I am happy with my decision but I probably would have bought the Husky if I didn't get the good deal. With that being said the KTM 350 is going to be an awesome all around bike. I have owned several Husaqvarna's in the past and they are excellent bikes. I went with the KTM because I have 2 already in my garage and I am setup and outfitted for KTM. Ride hit the nail on the head with his post about the bikes. I was going to wait to ride the TXC 310 but the KTM just happened to come my way. You can't go wrong with either bike in my opinion.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it comming. I have been looking at the setup that FAR Husqvarna has been using for GNCC. I hope some of those cool parts will fit on the TXC 310. My dealer is telling me that there is no tuning kit available for the EFI...kind of bummer.

For the record I am comparing the TXC 310 to the KTM 350 XC-F not the XC-W. The XC-W has the wider ratios and is generally a little less aggressive the XC-F. I like the hit and the low-end torque that you get from the XC-F bikes.

When I ride bikes other than KTM I really miss that bottom end torque that you get. I'm a lugger not a rev'r. Does Husky deliver that torque? I can't wait to actually ride it.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it comming. I have been looking at the setup that FAR Husqvarna has been using for GNCC. I hope some of those cool parts will fit on the TXC 310. My dealer is telling me that there is no tuning kit available for the EFI...kind of bummer.

For the record I am comparing the TXC 310 to the KTM 350 XC-F not the XC-W. The XC-W has the wider ratios and is generally a little less aggressive the XC-F. I like the hit and the low-end torque that you get from the XC-F bikes.

When I ride bikes other than KTM I really miss that bottom end torque that you get. I'm a lugger not a rev'r. Does Husky deliver that torque? I can't wait to actually ride it.

THE JD kit for the txc310 will be the same as for the te310, they are both mikuni D42 EFI. Different settings is all, the kit is really nice.

If you love bottom I think you'll love the 310, I've not ridden an xc-f, but the exc-f here ( xc-w probably in the USA ) was way more mellow off the bottom vs my the310 & the txc310 with the leo vince should be even better.

I went KLX450R->TXC250(08)->TE310 & I was worried the te had the same amount of bottom as the KLX, I've actually mellowed it quite a bit with the jd kit as I do a lot of single track & bush riding.

Here's the JD link http://www.jdjetting.com/xcart/product.php?productid=138&cat=16&page=1

It appears that based on the product info I have that the TXC 310 will ship with the Mikuni D45 EFI system which I think is new... I'm a little suprised they didn't go with the Keihin EFI since they seem to be moving that way with the other models. Will the JD EFI tuner work with the D45?

I have the feeling that 310TXC injection tuning on this closed course tuned (not EPA setup like the TE) model will be a choice not a necessity, it should be ready to go out of the box.

After riding the 11" TE310 ("uncorked" in closed course race mode and OEM stock as well) and the 350XC-F the 310 has a more enduro feel (my preference) more bottom to mid and less MX type hit motor than the Kato, I am sure the "E" comp version of the 350 KTM will focus into the enduro personality that KTM is famous for. Like Ride I am a fan of all bikes I just prefer smooth enduro power machines and at the moment the 310 delivers that kind of power in a brilliant small chassis package. My chassi choice is the Husky, that 250F chassis is just fantastic and rates as a hero chassis.

For me the 310 is the choice (Husky bias to some extent), most of my MX rider (A, EX and AA Pro level) crew would choose the Kato in this current state of tune (XC not EXC type). They are both brilliant high quality Euro machines that deliver. And both look good to boot! neither could possibly disappoint after personal set up.

picked up my 310txc on friday and have been riding it for a couple days. Great bike. Handles really well, feels light and flickable. For those wondering about EFI...its damn near perfect. No bogs no hestitation just rips. Don't know about desert racing but for east coast racing, enduros, single track this bike is really good.

Buddy picked up a 2011 TE310 (new) this weekend. Rode it quite a bit. Pretty much as expected. Nice light feeling, quick handling but still stable, nice motor, short trans, etc. Felt a lot lighter than my 511 but also felt a lot slower. All great bikes these days.

A couple weeks ago I had a chance to ride a friends new 12 TXC 310 and have to say it was very nice. A little background on me I ride Senior A normally in my local district and currently ride an 11 KTM 350XCF. Not sure if it was the tight trails or just not feeling it on this day but I was struggling on the 350 a bit but I think it was more me than the bike. Then when I got on the 310 I was shocked at how much easier it was to ride on the same trails. The best way I can describe it is the 310 felt shorter wheelbase wise and was just easier to maneuver through the tight trails and the bike handled great. The EFI seemed spot on and the power was great even compared to my 350 didn't seem like it was lacking that much if at all. The suspension was new but didn't feel to bad but with it only having a little time on it and me weighing 215lbs I was pleased with it for that day. After a couple short laps the TXC310 had me thinking a lot about it and I have to say I think it will make for a nice tight trails enduro bike and I hope to get a chance to ride it again in more open flowing trails because I think it will do well there also.

One of the things I noticed jumping off the 350 and onto the 310 was the 310 felt light and flickable even more so than the KTM, but the 350 really isn't light heck the CRF450 Honda weighs less than the 350. The 310 though you could notice the light weight and easy handling on the tight trails and as long as it has stability in the open high speed stuff that is going to be one nice bike. Plus the motor has plenty of power and even has a nice low end to it.

So now I have two friends(SlyFox is one) with 12 TXC310s so if I get a chance to ride one again I will try to post up some more comments. I think this will be a Great bike for Husky though, very impressed on the short ride I had on one.

Rode a 2011 TE310 with the JD tuner this weekend. Rips, great bike. Also ride a 2012 TXC310 with a PC pipe, ripped even harder and was amazing. These x-light 250/310 machines are amazing. Rode a TCi 250 and that might have been my favorite of the bunch. My 2010 TC250 did well in this crowd too. GREAT platform.

Very cool about riding the 11 TE310 with JD tuner and good that it rips. Good to hear that they have pipes out for the 12 TXC310's already. So was the TXC310 feel as good or better than the TE310? What is a TCi? I'm not sure I heard of a TCi, now I have heard of the TC. Sounds like you had a chance to ride a bunch of great bikes this weekend and that makes for a good day of riding :busted:

I'm jealous of all of you. I have a Husky dealer near by but no demo TXC310's. I have been looking for a bike like this for some time and am getting a little too beat up to be riding an MX bike in the woods. I just had a deployment pushed back till late next year and am condemplating a new bike for 2012.

Should I just sack up and buy?

Should I just sack up and buy?

Yes, i do not think you will be sorry.

Can anyone comfirm the 2012 TE310 has a 6 hole injector and the TXC has the 12? Seems that all like the TXC310, how much different will the TE310 be due to street legal?

Can anyone comfirm the 2012 TE310 has a 6 hole injector and the TXC has the 12? Seems that all like the TXC310, how much different will the TE310 be due to street legal?

I rode a 2012 TXC310 with a PC pipe and some iBeat tuning back to back with a 2011 TE310 with a JD tuner. Not a ton of difference. The 2012 ran perfect. So does the 2011 with tuner. The 2012 runs better without the tuner and the 2011 needs one IMHO to fix the stumble off the bottom and adds a bit of snap. As outfitted both were VERY good.

Hello from Spain

Last Saturday I have picked up my new EXC 350 F.

I have order a Exhaust Guard Carbon, but the one that the catalog comes is very small.

This is the one that I have requested: SXS07250535

SXS07250535_lg.jpg

I have seen this picture and that it is the one that I would like to buy.

DSCF0393-L.jpg.........

You can tell me if it is original of KTM and the reference that has

And if it is not original where it could be bought.

Tks regards :lol: