Sign in to follow this  

sooo is this motor from my accident any good? send it to eddie?

32799028270555841486810.jpg

Can Eddie fix this into a stroker? Is it worth keeping, selling, junking? 01 motor with a 6800? Miles...how much in repairs. All I can see is stator cover broke starters hanging out...and unknown damage...I dont know what to do with it. Not looking to spend and arm and a leg either you know. Any suggestions?

Edited by iitreatedii

I'd pack it up in a cooler and send it to Eddie for a diagnosis and quote on repair and upgrade.

if the bottom end is salvageable then is worth keeping, otherwise part it or rebuild it (not cheep).

I mean like I said I'm trying to keep this as cheap as possible. I wasn't planning on building the motor but at this point it might be worth it...anyone have any idea of a price. Like how much is it for Eddie to check it and and such to see if its worth it. Maybe is be better off going to a dealership to save shipping cost to find out what's up with the motor.

I mean like I said I'm trying to keep this as cheap as possible. I wasn't planning on building the motor but at this point it might be worth it...anyone have any idea of a price. Like how much is it for Eddie to check it and and such to see if its worth it. Maybe is be better off going to a dealership to save shipping cost to find out what's up with the motor.

Why don't you just send Eddie a message? :thumbsup:

Send it to Eddie... buy the cooler http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=900710

After all you have been through you deserve it. :thumbsup:

Not a bad idea how much is shipping a motor in a 30 dollar cooler cross country gonna cost me. Just curious as to what I'm losing initially to have it checked out, I've never shipped a motor before

Not a bad idea how much is shipping a motor in a 30 dollar cooler cross country gonna cost me. Just curious as to what I'm losing initially to have it checked out, I've never shipped a motor before

Shipping a DRZ Motor

Erik Marquez

Published by E.Marquez

06-20-2010

The complete package will weigh about 98 pounds. Fedex and UPS will take this package with no issues.

Suggest you insure the package for $1500 or so.

Check with your preferred and available shipper and ask.

Last time I did this (9 months ago, Texas to SSW)

it was about $90

Australia to SSW $800.:thumbsup:

It's cheaper to ship Eddie to Australia :ride:

Seattle to ssw was about 90.00 as well.I think insurance was on top of that for me anyway

Edited by ed curti
Spelling

Hmm do you guys see a payoff to just have it checked out locally to see if the motors even worth keeping and then if it is worth keeping, then ship it to ssw or just ship it and have Eddie look at it

Hmm do you guys see a payoff to just have it checked out locally to see if the motors even worth keeping and then if it is worth keeping, then ship it to ssw or just ship it and have Eddie look at it

I think a reasonable observant person can makes some good decisions based on what you can see from the outside..

The starter has been broken off the case,, was the case damaged? Or the starter mount ears broken off?

The left side case took a huge hit. The cover is trashed, along with it stator.. remove that garbage, turn the motor over (pull plug to make easier) does the flywheel “wobble” as the crank turns? Is there visible damage to the flywheel?

Is there any other visible damage broken bits on the case?

Answer that stuff above and you can get as good an est of possible rebuilding as any dealer without taking the motor won.

How many rpm was it running when you were hit ? Imagine the stress on it going from 3-4k to that condition in 1/2 a second by a lateral force. Ouch. Glad you're through it.

Sorry guys, but if it were mine I'd part it out. That is a big "hit" and unseen damage can turn up later after a re-build. Part it out, take the money and put it towards a Eddie built engine or buy another "Z" & send him a un-molested engine. I think you would be better off all the way around.

Well there's an idea...what's this worth on a part out, whats worth some money that might still be good if parting?

Edit: and the rpms couldn't have been to high when hit, I was going 40 in fourth, it was stuck in that gear