Sign in to follow this  

Washington Sawtooths (Foggy Dew-Horsehead-Cub Lake) in October.

Had a sidewall puncture in the first mile and thought my day was done. One of the guys I was riding with is from the area. Gave up his ride so that I could enjoy the day. Thanks Rod!

2011-10-16_13-57-57_107.jpg

11%2B-%2B3

2011-10-16_13-25-20_612.jpg

2011-10-16_13-25-32_888.jpg

2011-10-16_13-25-47_267.jpg

2011-10-16_13-58-03_805.jpg

Had a sidewall puncture in the first mile and thought my day was done. One of the guys I was riding with is from the area. Gave up his ride so that I could enjoy the day. Thanks Rod!

Wow. That is really cool. Good job! :thumbsup:

Awesome area and pics. I hope to get over there one more time this year.

so is it just one trail up and one back up there is there an actual loop(s) and if so how long? I really gotta make it out there. Awesome picts

so is it just one trail up and one back up there is there an actual loop(s) and if so how long? I really gotta make it out there. Awesome picts

It's kind of a combination in and back with a loop option. The main trail is an in and back but on the way back to the trailhead, you can turn off about halfway back and head south to make the last part a loop. Looking at the first map, we rode on the road from Foggy Dew Campground to Crater Creek Trailhead to Cub Lake and then to make a bit of a loop you can turn south on Martin Creek and then around to Foggy Dew Creek and back to Foggy Dew Campground.

Next time I hope to begin earlier in the day and ride from Boiling Lake south and ride the Uno Peak loop. Evidently there are some good climbs in there etc.

Here are some maps:

121702094.GF2YUpAi.jpg

Foggy%20Dew%20-%20Sawtooth%20front.jpg

Picture%2B001.jpg

thanks for info. How far aprox is the drive from lake chelan? I have a place to stay there so...

thanks for info. How far aprox is the drive from lake chelan? I have a place to stay there so...

If you're plated you can ride from Chelan to Gold Creek by going over the top... It's all gravel USFS roads. Part of the WABDR route... good views also.

If you're plated you can ride from Chelan to Gold Creek by going over the top... It's all gravel USFS roads. Part of the WABDR route... good views also.

I am plated and have a dual sport kit on the way:banana:

You can come up from the Chelan side too, there is a trailhead at South Navarre I believe.

Wow, looks so cool with a dusting of snow, love that place.

You can come up from the Chelan side too, there is a trailhead at South Navarre I believe.

Theres a few ways up from the Chelan/Manson side, you can go up by Echo Valley, out at Manson. We used to ride over to Manson for lunch from the Methow (Squaw Creek) where I used to live. You can also head up Antoine Creek and hit all those roads. Most every creek road up the Methos, has a way into the USFS road system, pretty much the same from Chelan/Manson, just not as many.

oh man awesome shots! I wish I could have come

They are, I grew up there, riding all those old logging roads, sheep trails, and FS roads, I need to try and get up there before snow with a digital camera.

Theres a few ways up from the Chelan/Manson side, you can go up by Echo Valley, out at Manson. We used to ride over to Manson for lunch from the Methow (Squaw Creek) where I used to live. You can also head up Antoine Creek and hit all those roads. Most every creek road up the Methos, has a way into the USFS road system, pretty much the same from Chelan/Manson, just not as many.

I know there are roads all over, I was thinking about trails. I lived in Winthrop for a while and worked for the FS so I've crawled all over that country in a truck for work.

I know there are roads all over, I was thinking about trails. I lived in Winthrop for a while and worked for the FS so I've crawled all over that country in a truck for work.

Most are that we ride, old sheep drive trails, the occasional logging road with the FS roads also.