Sign in to follow this  

California Now I've got another Story for you!

I take my son out to Foresthill for a quick jaunt. Nothing too difficult, just a stretch around the park. Baby Steps.

So we're out tooling around and my throttle sticks. No problem, just pull in the clutch and let this baby scream to the moon. When it comes down eventually, I keep on keeping on. Later it sticks again. Then again........................ :thumbsup:

Luckily I've crashed enough................. I've learned how to use the clutch & I wasn't in a tight situation that needed precise throttle control.

Made me think about our friend DominicWTF & the time his throttle stuck before he hit a tree @ WOT. Fryboy & his mishap. Timekeeper & his broken ribs. RapidDove & his knee. Eldorado650 & his bee sting. Cliffdiver & his wrist. Llama & his leg. Zeke & his leg. etc.

This board has had it's share of broken bones. But we still keep keeping-on! :ride:

Edited by superslyko
The throttle cable was only $12 @ Rocky Mt.

I had some similar times on my '98 CR250 but it was brought on by sand and very fine dirt. I would do the same thing, clutch and let 'er rev. But a quick cleaning of the carb and slid fixed that problem every time.

Good thing you were in a area that had room for you to work with that stuck throttle. Made it back to ride again!

I had a really bad hanging idle issue on my KTM a couple months back. Carb was all gunked up and not from sitting as I was riding every weekend before my mishap. Probably had something to do with the vent lines or something.

I was going up the straight uphill section on STI loop at Carnegie, went to go into the turn and my throttle stuck. I am still a little new so I am prone to a little sensory overload at times where there is an intersection of my skills (going full blast 3rd into a turn) and situations I have no experience with (throttle sticking). I pulled the clutch but it slipped when I went into the turn hot and ended up popping and did a bit of a canted wheelie. I had the sense to shift weight and bail out on the downhill side and send the bike into the hill. Got up and killed it.

I am happy it played out that way and I will be better prepared for next time. I just got my bike back from the fuel needle being swapped out. Man my bike was running like complete garbage. Dying at every stop, bogging at the worst time at the apex of hills, lurching and speeding up downhill.

And you know what? I was smiling. Smiling because, while annoying as hell, I have come a long enough way that I was calm in every situation and just took it as it came. Even a couple of months ago those same situations would have resulted in some falls or putting the bike down.

I love this sport. I hope to get decent at it and continue to do it for a long time.

:thumbsup:

So are you going to replace your throttle cable and throttle? Or keep the time bomb?

So are you going to replace your throttle cable and throttle? Or keep the time bomb?

Inquiring minds want to know????

i have 10 bikes and ride ALOT months at a time and theirs this thing i learned from trucking called preventive maintnes were you take every thing apart and throughly inspect it for wear, including cables and wiring, and iv yet to walk out of the woods:lol::thumbsup:

Inquiring minds want to know????

I too am curious as I have never had a stuck throttle on the 3 KTMs that I have owned...Have you looked into this and have an explanation?

shaddup Ossi

:ride: TT always good for something.

Your a good sport Slyko. :thumbsup::worthy:

slyko is one of my favorite posters , i wish i could express my self as good has him but I'm about a third grader in English and second in spelling:thumbsup:

LOL, some posters here on TT are like those fish that swim around whales, cleaning the whales teeth. Always standing on another persons coattails. I guess this is another forum we are going to have to have the moderators watch constantly.

BTW, of all the regional forums, this is the only one that generates problems. Why is that?

Whew! I'm just glad that most forums leave out all the color commentary. Who needs the stress? Who needs the excitement?? No thank you!

I wonder if I could be so bold as to make a couple suggestions?

1.) An approved posting template with drop down topics and responses to avoid any emotions that create messes

2.) That the Ministry quickly scour the forums for "troublemakers" and revision them so they are more vanilla and less offensive.

Only then can we, as men, as riders, read posts without any unnessary emotion or flare. Or, at least that would be a good start...

:thumbsup:

LOL, some posters here on TT are like those fish that swim around whales, cleaning the whales teeth. Always standing on another persons coattails. I guess this is another forum we are going to have to have the moderators watch constantly.

BTW, of all the regional forums, this is the only one that generates problems. Why is that?

Maybe because this forum has the highest volume...

lol, cause this is kalifornia, we are pioneers, trendsetters :thumbsup:

Because you're not allowed to ride at places that only I'm allowed to ride. In fact, you're not even allowed to know about them.

its cuz we are rebels and the best dirt rider in the country and when your that good you get an :thumbsup::lol:attitude