Sign in to follow this  

Wipe out

Was out for a ride on saturday oct 15th with my brother,was a great day.started out a little cool,but turned into a nice day.we were on our way home and as we came around a corner brother in front,he started to drift into the oncoming lane(dirt road&marbley),truck coming.Brother layed his bike down(klr650),i was over to the right side as far as i could get.Thought i was going to miss it all,but i tagged my brothers tire and went airbourne,landing straight on the top of my head and rolling into the boulder infested ditch.Laying there for awhile as i couldn't catch my breath.Well to shorten the story,my brother walked away with a few bumps and sore joints,I however had a long ambulance ride and have ended up with a broken back,although i am lucky so far as i do have movement in all of my limbs.Out of work for a period of time to be determined by recovery.

Thank goodness for full portection...

Lee

Holy cow!!!! Sure, glad you are well enough to share your experience with us. Great news about your limb movement.:thumbsup: Best wishes for your full recovery.

Ditto on the protection.

Progress reports are in order.

Flea

Glad you don't have any neurological issues. I broke a vertebra in my neck once before. Luckily it was just bone, no damage to the nervous system.

Don't know about the bike too much.Took a walk out to the garage,doesn't look to bad;both rear signals broken and battery box is bent inward towards the tire,without getting right into it can't see much else wrong.Once i am able to move alot easier i can assess at that time.

Slow moving and i am not allowed to pick up anything.The grandbaby comes over to me all the time and wants me to pick her up.As i looked after 5 days a week,she kinda got use to me always doing stuff with her.Being only 11 months old she doesn't understand why i don't pick her up..Really bites!!!

Thanks for all the encouragement.

Keep you all posted with progress.

Lee