Sign in to follow this  

Got my TE511 today :ride:

:thumbsup:

Picked up my bike 4 hours ago. Here it is

te51101.jpg

HAd to take it for a quick blurt in the bush. thing is a beast. I was hardly giving it throttle and backend was sliding and front wheel came up a few times, dust clouds all over the place lol was fun.

32.6km on it so far.

Just a couple quick questions.

1) is this hose meant to be hanging down? I suspect it is a drain hose of some kind but is it meant to be hanging down from underneath the bike?

te51102.jpg

2) Does this look normal? Where it connects to the bottom of the radiator the wire looks exposed, also the rubber lead is resting against the radiator, I should cable tie it somewhere?

te51103.jpg

CONGRATS on your new bike mate looks very cool! As for the drain hose under the bike I would re-route it to the back of the skd plate. I agree I would cable tie the sensor wire up a bit just so it doesn't get snagged in the bush. I think I see some other wires up there that it could be tied off to. Anyway enjoy your new ride :thumbsup:.

Radiator fins don't get hot enough to be a problem. I'd worry more about it touching the engine.

A radiator guard might help protect that sensor plug and lead... Several mfgs make some. try motosportz, 7602 racing, zipty racing, enduro engineering, billshusky.com, etc...

thanks for suggestions.

another question; the tires I have on are proper dirt tires, can you still ride on the road with them? I have to ride about 10-20km to get to the bush trail.

anyone ride full-time on the road with knobby tires, how long do they last?

I dont know about the rules down under but legally you cant in Canada. I do and I get about 2500k and there done. I find them super loud and the suck for grip but when you hit the trails you'll have the best thing going. It will just be a personal choice for you. Nice bike BTW.

I didn't care for the stock tires much for the bush and changed them out after about

three weeks. If you're planning on mainly riding the bush with the only pavement being

getting to and from the bush then I'd just go with a non-dot knobbie or an aggressive

dualsport tire like a Pirelli XCMH or being that you're down under check out the new

MotoZ DOT Tractionator's. I haven't tried one yet but I'm curious to hear from someone

who has.

... I do and I get about 2500k and there done. I find them super loud and the suck for grip but when you hit the trails you'll have the best thing going. It will just be a personal choice for you. Nice bike BTW.

Thanks. 2,500km is better than I imagined. Taking corners and round-a-bouts with them on the road and I feel I'm going to fall off. I'm taking it easy until I get used to them.

... Pirelli XCMH or being that you're down under check out the new

MotoZ DOT Tractionator's. I haven't tried one yet but I'm curious to hear from someone

who has.

When it's time for new tires I'll check them out.

Edited by memento mori

thanks for suggestions.

another question; the tires I have on are proper dirt tires, can you still ride on the road with them? I have to ride about 10-20km to get to the bush trail.

anyone ride full-time on the road with knobby tires, how long do they last?

yeah , i use knobbies on the road , up the pressure if you are ' on road ' for a while . i use around 20 psi on the road and drop to 12 front and 14 rear for the rock infested trails .

beware of any substance on the road that could cause you to go down .

they dont last too long on the road obviously .

nice bike BTW :thumbsup:

Nice bike!

I see you guys get the good exhaust in Australia as well.:thumbsup:

We're stuck with the ugly can here in the states :ride:

Anyways... Nice bike.

I tried the Motoz...... bugga it, if youre in the bush go for a full knobbie! im runnng the pirelli Extra's atm.

20k's isnt a big deal on the black stuff, just be easy with the throttle, etc.:thumbsup:

Great bikes, got about 2000 miles on mine and still loving it. Real nice versatile mount. DS on it one day and railing technical stuff the next.