Sign in to follow this  

Should I trade my 88XR 250r for a 82 ATC 250r

Hey any thoughts, I'm considering trading my recently purchased totally rebuilt XR for a 3 wheel ATC? Any thoughts or suggestions? If I don't trade my bike I will be doing some upgrades to it such as foot pegs, bark buster, skid plate and tires, then I'm totally set for lots of riding - trouble free I hope :thumbsup:

eesh, I would never swap a good 2 wheeler for any 3 wheeler.

But that's me. I never took to them. 4 wheelers are OK, but not for real woods riding. Give me a 2 wheeler any day.

imho, ymmv, etc.

Hey any thoughts, I'm considering trading my recently purchased totally rebuilt XR for a 3 wheel ATC? Any thoughts or suggestions? If I don't trade my bike I will be doing some upgrades to it such as foot pegs, bark buster, skid plate and tires, then I'm totally set for lots of riding - trouble free I hope :thumbsup:

Well, given that an '82 ATC is worth about $300 at best, it doesn't sound like much of a deal to me.

There is no way an ATC could possibly be as fun to ride as an XR.

JayC

I agree with the others. The 250r engine is pretty fun but on an ATC chassis its just meh. You can make em fast but they're always gonna be pretty sketchy and I wouldn't even think about jumping it. ATC's are very very unforgiving on less than perfect landings. If it was a 250r quad it'd be worth some consideration, but not a 3 wheeler.

3-wheelers can be deathly fun but I don't think I would trade my main off road bike for one. The atc 250r's are definitely worth more than 300 bucks, maybe a utility atc is worth that. I don't know how much the older 3 wheeled 250rs go for but the newer ones are worth at least 1500 if in good shape. If you like trikes maybe see if you can get him to throw in some money for the trade if appropriate. Everyone has things that they like and if you have a hidden passion for three wheelers why not trade.