tire changing

Ok here is the deal I have been in the process of changing rear tires and it has been pure hell. I'm stuck now at the point to where there is about 5 inches of the bead left that needs to go over the lip of the rim. This is almost completely impossible as I have tried for a few hours and broke 2 tire spoons. This last little bit of bead just will not go on. Any of you guys have any ideas that I could try. This is really starting to piss me off I hate doing tires they are horrible. I'm desperate and will try anything. Thanks for any and all replies.

check you tube.they have some great video,s on tire changing.i,ve always found(with the right technique)tire changing to be one of the easiest tasks.takes about 10 minutes,never wrecked a tube.you do need proper tire irons .a bead buddy is very helpful ,though i don,t use one.

I am assuming you are using a lubricant such as tire changing lube or soap. If you are putting that much effort into it, you might also be damaging your tube. It took me a few tries to figure it all out. Good suggestion to look on Utube. Also I found those long curved spoons work better than those short flat ones. It also helps if you attach the wheel to a table or something sturdy using the axle hole to keep you from needing three hands instead of just two. Good luck and don't give up yet.

My spoons are broke is there any way I could maybe wrestle on the last 5 inches of bead without em? Thanks for the suggestions so far guys much appreciated.

I have been using dawn for lubricant. Also the tube is good I have not pinched it anywhere.

Make sure the bead of the tire is pushed to the "drop center" of the wheel all the way around (I use my knees to hold it down). Then slip the bar in under the bead, just enough to grab wheel and flip it on. Shouldn't take any brute force.
It is all the way on except about the last 5 inches of bead and it jsut will not go on.

I don't think you understand what he was saying.

Make sure the section of tire that is already over the rim is in the very center of the rim (where the large valley is) to give you a little extra slack on the side you are prying on.

I have these little 6 inch tire spoons, I've never had to apply more than a few lbs of force to get a tire on.

Search youtube to find what we're talking about when we tell you to keep the tire in the center of the rim.

The best advise ever: If you have to fight it, you're doing something wrong.

So now to find out what you're doing wrong. Is it an 18" tire on a 19" rim? Do you not have the remainder of the tire down into the wheel well (use the same process as breaking a bead to put in). Etc etc.

Shame you're far away. I'd just say bring it to my house with a burrtto and I'd show you how it's done!

Yes it is the correct tire size guys it's all taken care of now so its not big deal. And yes I understood what everyone was telling me. Thanks for the replies. I also know to keep the tire in the center i'm not stupid sorry no offense. The problem was there was like 5 inches of the bead left to get on the wheel and it would not go that was the only problem but it's sorted now.