Sign in to follow this  

Favorite WR250F tires

I'm looking at replacing my stock tires and wonder what people are using on the WR250F. I wand a combo of good traction and long life. What are you guys running on your WR's?

I have been looking at Dunlop MX-51's and Bridgestone M403/404. Where I mainly ride is fairly hard pack with a layer of crushed granite scree on top in many areas.

I've got a 2009 WR-250F and I ride on rock-strewn trails with plenty of hard dirt.

I've been using Bridgestone M22/M23 tires for at least twenty years because I haven't tried anything better for this stuff.

If the terrain is hard enough to where sinking a knob in it is difficult, these tires work like magic.

They come in the exact sizes the bike takes:

M23 front, 80/100-21

M22 rear, 100/100-18

Wear is average and they resist flats very well.

In fact (knock wood) I ride my WR every weekend on these trails and have yet to get a flat since I bought the bike in the fall of 2009.

Maxxis Desert IT's front and rear

I ride mostly desert on loose dirt roads and varied terrain from hard rocky trails to super sandy creek beds. Seem to be great all around as the terrain I ride has all types during a ride. I like the super stiff sidewall I've had a flat (...took three years of use on the tire first) and I was still able to ride it back to the truck without issue.

Hope this helps...good luck!!