Sign in to follow this  

cr3 extreme 125 problem

Hey guys my 2006 cr3 125 with 138 big bore kit is acting up. O k here is the issue it idles fine and runs fine at low rpms but when i rev it she starts crapin out still running just missin. tell me what you guys think thanks.

Will the stator and cdi from a crf 50 fit? If not can someone point me in the direction to where i can locate these parts for my bike thanks

Since this could be either an electrical or a fuel-related issue, the thing to do is focus on one or the other first, to eliminate it as the problem. Buying a new stator and/or CDI blindly might end up with you having a clogged pilot jet, or dirt in the fuel tank, partially blocking the petcock screen.

Do the easy, cheap (as in free) things first, like checking all wire connections and grounds to make sure everything is good there. Make sure the spark plug boot is tight on the ignition coil wire.

Fuel-wise, put a cup under the float bowl drain hose and open the float bowl drain screw, to see if fuel runs out. If none comes out, pull the fuel line off the carb, and open the petcock to see if there is good fuel flow there.

If you do determine that it is the stator, one of the TT Sponsors here has a real nice package deal for a complete electrical system for the Chinese engines, you can find it right HERE. All components are compatible with each other, it saves a lot of time not having to re-wire anything to make it compatible with your bike.

To answer your question, Honda electricals are not compatible with Chinese electricals.