Sign in to follow this  

Delaware Blue Diamond Hare Scramble

Was wondering if anyone on here has tried that race. What is it like, and whats the difference between the C class course, and the A and B class race course. Also does it cost money for people who are not riding to enter the event?

Course will probably be a tad bit longer. Consists of the mx tracks, amusement park, a few small woods sections and a lot of open, go fast areas. Really don't even need barkbusters for this race. $5 to get in, $40 to race no matter what. One of my favorite races as long as DER gets their stuff together. Be there early for signups because there are always issues at this event and if you stay for awards...be ready to wait around. Other than that its great. Oh and practice on the MX tracks Saturday makes it even better!

There should be less issues with sign up as it is now a 2 day event and the youth will be run on Saturday and a separate C event will be run in the morning on Sunday with the A&B in the afternoon. It will be a slightly longer event with longer lap times. There will be sign ups all day Saturday too.

Ive never raced it but most of the guys i ride with have a few times. they all say it a blast and great way to end the season. Im looking forward to my first time down there. should be a nice change from the tight technecial woods in N.E. See you all there!!

The course is going to be much better this year. We laid out a 1 mile grass track with lots of fast sweeping turns, & will also run thru an all new pine tree section thats probally a mile long. Plus a super moto track, high speed sand pits, & of course the moto x tracks. The A & B course is the same as the C course, so come on out & give it a go. Also you don't really need bark busters for this course as a ATV has done numerous laps around it.

It was a great race. could have done with out so many zig zags in the grass and pine tree sections. loved the pavement and woods. Great job all around DER and Blue diamond.

I got to agree after racing the event we could of took some of the zig zags out of the grass track. Atleast there were no mud holes.

Yes the grass section zig-zags was a down fall to the fun factor to the course, also few passing lines in the zig-zags through the tighter sections. But I enjoyed it very much and will deffinately be back next year. :lol:

Zig-zig, asphalt, woods, and track sections were all fun and challenging in their own way. I had a blast; didn't get hurt; or unintentionally take anyone out so all-in-all it was a good day :lol:

Thanks DER and Blue Diamond.

This was my first hare scramble ever. Had a great time and I'll definitely be back next year!