Sign in to follow this  

KDX silencer

If I were to cud the Kdx 200 silencer to make it shorter, would I have to add and mods to it or could i just go off and ride?

Also, what are the advantages and disadvantages of doing this?

My first question is why?

Second question would be have you ever repacked your silencer? I would repack it first and start from there.

stock silencer?

its full of baffles, youd need to cut in the right spot and you would probably have to remove some internals, then weld the end cap back on.

will be louder, will shift the power band up a little, might not arrest sparks anymore and will be a little lighter. this is a popular mod to the stock drz muffler which is very similar in construction, might be worth a try.

if you are trying to shorten an aftermarket silencer; then i have nothing to say to you.

My first question is why?

Second question would be have you ever repacked your silencer? I would repack it first and start from there.

and if its the stock silencer how would you repack it?:thumbsup:

and if its the stock silencer how would you repack it?:thumbsup:

I would tell you but based on your emoticon it's clear you are the type of person that already knows everything.

I would tell you but based on your emoticon it's clear you are the type of person that already knows everything.

Pretty sure you won't be able to tell him how to repack a silencer that has no packing. But If you'd like to try, I'm all ears!

Oh yeah......

:thumbsup:

Pretty sure you won't be able to tell him how to repack a silencer that has no packing. But If you'd like to try, I'm all ears!

Oh yeah......

:thumbsup:

nice.... lmfao

Is there an emoticon for wiping egg of your face? I thought only some models of four strokes had mechanical mufflers but obviously I was mistaken.

Thumpertalk rules!