Sign in to follow this  

5' 8" and 135 lbs

I am 16 years old, about 5' 8" and 135 lbs. and still growing. I sold my last bike a couple of years ago, so I haven't ridden in a while. I don't think i'm a beginner but i'm not great. I want a used bike for under $3,500 and I really don't want a bike that i'm going to grow out of soon. I mostly ride woods in NE. Not sure if I want a 2 stroke or 4 stroke yet.

For your budget and the type of riding you do, I would go with a 2 stroke. I would say a 200 - 250 2t would work out pretty well for what you are looking for.

Easy, Husky WR or Cr125/144. I'm 52 years old, 200 lbs and haven't "outgrown" my 08 CR144 yet! They light weight, turn extreamly well, carve up tight woods, and easy to care for. You can get one on your budget look at the 144's if you can find one. If not you can 144 it later.

Id have to disagree. Id be looking at 4 strokes for riding in the NE woods. Lots of tight stuff, rocks, river crossings, trees and hills, 1st-2nd gear...4 stroke stuff IMO...I love my xr400 and xr250, might be a little heavy but bulletproof and loves the NE woods. I ride with 450 four strokes and 250/125/85 2 strokes, and I would go 4 stroke for around here.

Id have to disagree. Id be looking at 4 strokes for riding in the NE woods. Lots of tight stuff, rocks, river crossings, trees and hills, 1st-2nd gear...4 stroke stuff IMO...I love my xr400 and xr250, might be a little heavy but bulletproof and loves the NE woods. I ride with 450 four strokes and 250/125/85 2 strokes, and I would go 4 stroke for around here.

The KTM 200 EXC will do everything an XR will do...only better...and weighs about 35-40 lbs less. It will have better suspension and better handling.

The KTM 200 EXC will do everything an XR will do...only better...and weighs about 35-40 lbs less. It will have better suspension and better handling.

+100:thumbsup: