Power Valve Spacer on 02 CR125

I have read a few different write-ups on using power valve spacers on cr125's to gain some bottem end. My question is what is this spacer supposed to look like and where exactly is it to be placed. I have not had my power valve cover off and looked in there yet but that time will be coming as the weather is turning sour here in western NY. I want to clean my power valve and try the spacer before winter. What did anyone make the spacer out of? If anyone has any info for me please ket me know. Thanks in advance.

it's basically an aluminum spacer, goes on like a extra thick gasket

cant say if they work or not, I dunno

No I mean power valve spacer. It is a 7mm od spacer that you use as a stopper I guess to keep the power vlave open just a touch instead of being closed. I have read articles on other forums and was seeing if anyone here has heard of it or tried it. I know what the power now setup is and the moose torque spacer are but this is still different. Any help would be great.

why dont you just modify the stock powervalves. Grind and polish the lower edge of the valves 3/16 of an in. you may need to adjust your jetting, starting with needle position is a rather simple trouble stooting method. remember that the whole reason the expansion chamber is designed, and used for; is to force gas, air, and a small amount of exhaust, back in to the cylnder head. "back pressure" so yeah, just take ur time brotha

I had time to look at my bike after doing some more research. What I found was you take a piece of tubing like the one tube that hooks to your float bowl drain. You cut off about a 1/4 of an inch of tubing off. Take your exhaust pipe off so you can get to yuor power valve cover. Inside you will see the linkage that controls the power valve. On the left side of the linkage there is a stopper stud where the power valve linkage stopper will rest on when at idle. Take the tube you cut off earlier and slide it on the stopper stud. It goes on fairly hard and should stay put, but I recommend some sort of glue. Now your power valve linkage stopper rests on the tubing leaving the power valve open now adding a little more bottom end power. You may wanna experement with different diameters but 7mm is where I have read you should start. I wasnt able to test the bike we have another day of rain again. So when I get a chance I will report back if it helped.

I had time to look at my bike after doing some more research. What I found was you take a piece of tubing like the one tube that hooks to your float bowl drain. You cut off about a 1/4 of an inch of tubing off. Take your exhaust pipe off so you can get to yuor power valve cover. Inside you will see the linkage that controls the power valve. On the left side of the linkage there is a stopper stud where the power valve linkage stopper will rest on when at idle. Take the tube you cut off earlier and slide it on the stopper stud. It goes on fairly hard and should stay put, but I recommend some sort of glue. Now your power valve linkage stopper rests on the tubing leaving the power valve open now adding a little more bottom end power. You may wanna experement with different diameters but 7mm is where I have read you should start. I wasnt able to test the bike we have another day of rain again. So when I get a chance I will report back if it helped.
Did it work?

We did this exact mod on a CR 125 years ago.

It worked okay but then we adjusted the down shift motor and that really really helped.

I guess you have to do both for the bike to run at its best.

We did this exact mod on a CR 125 years ago.
It worked okay but then we adjusted the down shift motor and that really really helped.
I guess you have to do both for the bike to run at its best.

Haha down shift motor. Good one. But for real, did it work?