Sign in to follow this  

Washington 24hrs of Starvation Ridge 2011 update

For the 5th year running, we are at our 100 team limit. With Glen Helen getting 35 teams and 5 !! Ironmen, we are at 68 teams and 33 Ironmen!!!

Once again, the 24hrs of Starvation Ridge is the biggest in the nation, recession or not. Thank you all!!

(3 of the teams are OTBG. club, air cooled, and women. Since they don't pit on pit row, we still have a few spots left.

I got the course mowed today, I'll ride it at speed ( such that an old duffer can) to see if it works, or if I have to fix anything.

We will start marking and clearing tomorrow. I think it will be a very rough, choppy course, with some interesting bits. The road whoops are gone ( at least for the moment, but we do have 9 days), the phone booth whoops are in and tank-trapped and I incorporated most of the rock sections of the past.

Forester's forest is out, water is still too high, and the Holbrook test is too wet to use ( behind the big pond).

I've got the Dan Jordan obstacle course ready for the start, it will not be marked up untill after the rider's meeting.

The running start should be a hoot!! :twisted:

Oh yeah, the 10 day forecast is dry.........and the dirt is currently perfect!!

Scott

Thanks for the update Scott! Pirate Riders Racing is ready and raring to go! See you next week! (explanation points because I'm just that excited)

Just thought to myself... By this time next week we'll be putting the last few things in the van and headed that way. :thumbsup::ride::worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

How many club class teams?

From pit map updated last month, looks to be around 6 or so...:thumbsup: