Sign in to follow this  

How much is my 230 worth?

2009 CRF230F, maybe like 25 hours on it, maybe.

green stickered, clean pink slip in hand and registered till 2012.

these are the extras i put on it.

45 pilot jet, 132 main jet, snorkel removed, exhaust baffle removed

UFO 45W headlight

Polisport LED taillight/Brakelight with K&S mechanical brake switch

Uni air filter

TrailTech light switch with inline fuse

Moose racing skid plate

Tusk D-Flex handguards

TrailTech VAPOR computer with Billet mount

Pro taper fat bars

Pro taper bar risers

Honda square bar pad

2 keys and owners manual

bike is perfect

I love this bike, but only wanting to sell it so that i can get a Dual sport and ride on the streets as well.

What do you guys think its worth?

kinda dirty in the pics, but this is it

ufo.jpg

ufo2.jpg

crflights7.jpg

Wanna know what i should price it at?

bike is on it's last leg... Just so you don't have to deal with it anymore, I'll give ya 25 bucks for it... The least I can do is buy you a decent meal so you don't mourn it's loss on an empty stomach...

With all you got into it already, why don't you just Dual-Sport it out? Get some turn signals, a horn, and some DOT tires and call it good. That is what I am going to do with mine next year! :thumbsup:

bike is on it's last leg... Just so you don't have to deal with it anymore, I'll give ya 25 bucks for it... The least I can do is buy you a decent meal so you don't mourn it's loss on an empty stomach...

:ride:

2500? Im not for sure for sure.... but it seems like a reasonable guess... check www.kbb.com plus a couple hundred for the upgrades

Yeah, a bit disapointed, i was hoping it was worth a bit more then that, but oh well, ill price it at $2700, i think thats a good deal with everything ive done to it.

With all you got into it already, why don't you just Dual-Sport it out? Get some turn signals, a horn, and some DOT tires and call it good. That is what I am going to do with mine next year! :thumbsup:

I would, but its really hard to plate dirtbikes here in cali, otherwise i probably wouldve done it allready.

also check www.nada.com

Thanks, thats about $2500 for the bike itself there, so gonna lose on all the upgrades ive done.

Kinda weird, cause all the shops around me have the 2009 as the newest year available for sale (no 2010/2011/2012) and they are priced at $3,999 before taxes and all that stuff, thats why i was hoping it was worth more then what it is.

The book values are pretty misleading. What a bike is worth is whatever someone will give you for it. You are in a warmer climate, so you don't take as much of a winter price hit.

If you get $2500, you will doing very well. '08's sell for $1700, and '09's for $2000 around here. It has some desirable stuff on it, but that rarely brings more. All people see is the year and the price, until they are there in person.

You don't have to listen to any of us. Ask whatever you want and let the market tell you. Start at $3100, and if no phone calls in a week, lower the price $200. Keep doing that until the phone rings. At least that way you know that you got the maximum value for it.

The book values are pretty misleading. What a bike is worth is whatever someone will give you for it. You are in a warmer climate, so you don't take as much of a winter price hit.

If you get $2500, you will doing very well. '08's sell for $1700, and '09's for $2000 around here. It has some desirable stuff on it, but that rarely brings more. All people see is the year and the price, until they are there in person.

You don't have to listen to any of us. Ask whatever you want and let the market tell you. Start at $3100, and if no phone calls in a week, lower the price $200. Keep doing that until the phone rings. At least that way you know that you got the maximum value for it.

That is actually really good advice, much appreciated.

Around here there TONS of 150's/230's for sale on CL, but most of them are the older 2003's, so hoping the fact mine is new will help.

:ride:

I would, but its really hard to plate dirtbikes here in cali, otherwise i probably wouldve done it allready.

See now there's your problem right there . . . you need to move to Okla where were a little more "liberal" about those things. :thumbsup:

Well.... the 230 is gone...

Twas sad watching some other dude literally riding her away, she was perfect, could do 70+ mph, brand new, lights, jetted, skid plate, hand guards, other extras, man....

very bittersweet.

So, what are you going to get to replace it? 230L?

All the 230L's around me are sold, been looking at the KLX250S, Yamaha WR250R, CRF230L, or the YAMAHA XT250 OR THE XT225,

dont really know which one i should go with, looking for a dual sport only tho.

any suggestions will be great, and i was quite satisfied with the CRF230F'S power.