Sign in to follow this  

Launch Control

Im sure everyone by now is aware of the 2012 Kawasaki KX450f's new launch control design with the push button on the handlebars. Well i was wondering if there was any way you could get an aftermarket one that you could put on a 250f. Ive never seen an aftermarket one though.

Im sure everyone by now is aware of the 2012 Kawasaki KX450f's new launch control design with the push button on the handlebars. Well i was wondering if there was any way you could get an aftermarket one that you could put on a 250f. Ive never seen an aftermarket one though.

I'm sure you have and just didn't know it at the time. This stuff has been out for a number of years, Kawi is just the first to make it stock.

http://www.vortexcdi.com/categories.php

As far as I know, Ricky Dietrich uses this ignition setup on his YZ450F.

It is not a dedicated launch control, it is 10 maps and some are less power like the kawasaki map for launch control. You can program a lower power map into the switch and switch it when you want, but you have to remember to switch it back.

which one controls the launch like on the kawasaki?

2_big.jpg

+

40_big.jpg

This allows the rider to switch between 2 different ignition/fuel maps. The pros use 1 for the start and then switch to their normal map in the first turn. Kawasaki's launch control does the exact same thing except instead of having to flip the switch manually in the first turn, the computer does it for you when you shift to 3rd gear.

2_big.jpg

+

40_big.jpg

This allows the rider to switch between 2 different ignition/fuel maps. The pros use 1 for the start and then switch to their normal map in the first turn. Kawasaki's launch control does the exact same thing except instead of having to flip the switch manually in the first turn, the computer does it for you when you shift to 3rd gear.

ohh i see now thank you so much!