magura hydralic clutch problems

is there a kit or something to convert this to a regular clutch cable... the master cylinder has been giving me shit i changed the fluid and tried another mastercylinder from another bike and i still have nothing.. im over it

No. It has been a great clutch for me, since 1999 and 3 KTM's. Take it to an expert or switch to another bike.

• 3 weeks later...

got the clutch working... got the master cylinder to build pressure ... took off slave cylinder cleaned up checked it over noticed that the chain had rubbed against it a little bit is this commen? but anyways put it all back together bled it for about half hour using baby oil and it finally started to build pressure! :busted:

I just bought a KTM 400, model 2004. - Seems the Magura clutch is leaking a little bit, I see some oil/dirt on the "handlebars". - Sounds common?

I'm thinking, can this be happening because that previous owner has perhaps not used "mineral oil" on it? (should I try changing the oil?)

Sounds like you need to rebuild it.One of the o-rings are mabye bad.Ktm makes rebuild kits.

I think I'll first try to simply change the the oil, and then, if that doesn't work, buy a rebuild kit. (The rebuild kit isn't exactly cheap).

Yeah i went to rebuild the mc on my old 05 and they didnt make that number mc anymore. So they didnt make a rebuild kit anymore,so i had to buy a whole new mc.

Look on the bottom of the mc and there is a number should be like a 9.0 or 9.5 cant recall which one i had.

• 2 weeks later...
09500148.jpg what is the longer piece for?? i noticed my bike has this on it held on by the slave cylinder top right bolt and is not attached to anything on the other end.. points back toward the air box sorta

The long piece is the chain knock-down bar. It is there to protect the slave cylinder and the case in the event of a chain failure. TRUST ME, you want that piece installed. My chain snapped last year and if it weren't for the knock-down bar, there would have been catastrophic damage to the side of the engine. The other end bolts to the upper chain roller.