Sign in to follow this  

Xr50 & Xr70 interchange?

Can someone tell me if xr70 forks and swingarm will fit xr50 with no mods?

there will be some slight mods...mostly to do with the brakes......I assume you will be using the stock 50 wheels?

I was told by a supplier (can't remember who it was) that there are differences in the swing-arms. I wanted to use an extended swing-arm from a 50 on my CRF70 and was told that it wouldn't work but no real reason given.

there are differences...the XR/CRF70 would be a +2 for the 50 so you would need a longer chain of course and a longer rear brake rod (the OEM XR/CRF70 works fine).....the 50 and 70 use a different way to hold the rear brake panel......you will need to remove the tab/spacer from the 50 swinger and weld it to the 70 swinger....or you can use a a 3/8ths diameter allen bolt as a pin to hold the 50 brake panel in place....washers or other type of spacers will be needed to align the wheel if you use a bolt as a pin.....the brake panel retainer on the 70 forks will need to trimmed slightly in order for the 50 panel to mate up with it.......you will also need a longer brake cable and a way to attach the cable housing down by the 50 front brake panel to the forks....due to that the 70 brake panel has this attachment made into it.......the task is not impossible...I have done it a couple of times in various ways......but it is not just straight up bolt on............bolt on is BBR super stock swinger and SP5 forks....