Sign in to follow this  

Fueling

Hi All

this has probably been discussed several times before but cant find any where to search for it.

i am going to put a dynojet kit on the DRZ, stage one kit but read a few time that i need bigger needles than what come standard with the kit.my bike is standard apart from the 3by3 mod and has a racing mid pipe and silencer (quill exhaust).

i only live 200 meters above sea level and the bike is used mostly below 500 meters above sea level.

what would you all recomend for my bike.

i have been told by a good local tuner that i should use the dynojet kit and put 150 main jet in it to compensate for the 3by3 mod and exhaust.plus a 27.5 pilot 2.5 turns out.

dynojet it the only jet kits really available in th uk.

just tried the link you added and it didnt bring anything up. what are the needle sizes on the James Dean Kit ?

27.5 pj will be to big....

The reason for getting a jetting kit is mainly for the needle ,so you shouldn't be needing to source extra needles....your "good local tuner" should know this...

JD kit has blue and red needles with adjustable clip positions to suit various altitudes...

cheers craigo

what size would you recomend then for the pj and main jet then ?

Yes, a jd jet kit will be a much better choice. Alot of research has went into those kits. Jets themselves can be purchased individually for 3-5 dollars...the jd needles are what your really going for.

For Stage 2 Dynojet kit....

160 main jet

dj needle

clip 2

dj slide spring

22.5 pilot jet with extended screw or 25 pilot jet with stock screw

2.75 turns fuel screw

For JD kit.....

#160 main jet

jd blue needle

clip 4

22.5 pilot jet with extended screw or 25 pilot jet with stock screw

2.75 turns

Then follow this procedure....http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327405

get the stg 2 SM dynojet kit.

^^This. I used the DJ kit on my SM and never looked back. Def get the Stage 2, has everything you need. The JamesDean kit does come with other goodies, though it is a little more expensive. The main thing is the JD kit has replacement float bowl screws, the DJ kit doesn't. But it's just as easy to source some replacement allen-head screws from a local hardware store. :thumbsup:

cheers guys

will keep you all posted with my progress and will get some pics up as well.

also using a dyno will be pretty pointless then wont it ?

cheers guys

will keep you all posted with my progress and will get some pics up as well.

also using a dyno will be pretty pointless then wont it ?

Before and after dyno testing any engine/tuning mod is always interesting for comparison..and to make sure you are going in forward steps and not backwards..

using with air/fuel analyser can confirm your carb settings....

It's always best to use the same dyno each time to enable more accurate comparisons....