Sign in to follow this  

California Can you do a Wheelie??

I had a green Sting-Ray. Loved it. My parents bought it after I snapped the head tube/down-tube junction on a cheaper knock-off.

Never needed a wheelie bar, though. :thumbsup: Those things were made to wheelie!

hey Krannie.. dare ya to put one on your UGLY green machine. you already have a cheater clutch. might as well put on a cheater wheelie thingamabob doohickey.

ahhh the good ole days. riding the bike all over town, doin jumps, wheelies, power slides, no helmet.

Nice flashback to a kinder, gentler time. I can remember when my Sting-Ray (duomatic 2 speed hub equipped) was my most prized possession.

Thanks for posting that, Krannie.

Nice flashback to a kinder, gentler time. I can remember when my Sting-Ray (duomatic 2 speed hub equipped) was my most prized possession.

Thanks for posting that, Krannie.

Come ride with us at Gorman, Rick.

When are you going?

Sunday. Main gate parking, 9am kickstands up. 25-30mile on loop one, in the park, modest pace, group of about 12+ usually.

Second loop/smaller group usually goes up in the forest for 20-30miles more.

Since it's Gorman, you can't really go 'race-pace' because of constant quad-tard-readiness factor, so we just have fun.

Come ride with us at Gorman, Rick.

Stuff to do next couple of weekends. Would like to do a few loops at the spot by Edwards soon, will shoot you a PM.

Brings back memories.

Barefoot riding

The Little Red Wagon.

I had a lime green sting ray. No wheelie bar. I could do wheelies and spin the bars. Ride pretty long wheelies

Does Wham-o make one for XR's? I suck doing wheelies on it.

Brings back memories.

Barefoot riding

The Little Red Wagon.

No wheelie bar. I could do wheelies and spin the bars. Ride pretty long wheelies

Me too. The guys with wheelie bars were wossess or 5 year olds. I did have the banana set though.

Me too. The guys with wheelie bars were wossess or 5 year olds. I did have the banana set though.

I'm almost 55, so all Sting Ray bikes had the banana seat.

The road bike seat didn't come along until I was about 18.

Now, I'm an old wuss. So how about that wheelie bar for XR's? :thumbsup:

Stuff to do next couple of weekends. Would like to do a few loops at the spot by Edwards soon, will shoot you a PM.

If you go, I am still interested in this one. :thumbsup:

precision engineered chrome-plated steel. stuff is quality. they just don't make wheelie bars like the used to