BBR Triple clamp & Shock linkage question

Hi All,

Is anyone using or have experience with the BBR triple clamp and BBR shock linkage on a 230F that claims to raise the 230F up 1"? I am contemplating this mod, but looking for favorable or unfavorable comments or opinions before proceeding. I would like the feel of a slightly higher bike and bars.

Right now I've had the shock revalved by Hlebro Bros and have Race Tech Cartridge Fork Emulators under the stock OEM springs.

I'm 5'-10" and 185 in full gear if it matters.

Thanks ,

Mark

I don't think that it claims to raise the 230 up an inch-- I think it's 1/2 inch on the 230, and an inch on the 150. This is because of differences in the linkages on the two bikes. Don't forget that these mods add ground clearance, but not suspension travel.

I'm planning on a custom Race Tech shock that will give an extra inch of ride height and travel to my 150 (hoping for right around 10' of rear travel). I'm planning on running a 150R front end with a .8" bigger bump stop installed internally to limit travel to 10" as well. If I went with any more than 10", then I'm going to be slamming the bottom of the frame into the ground landing from jumps. The 150 suffers from a lack of ground clearance, and loves to drag pegs in the turns, and bottom out landing from jumps when you moto it. The 230 has taller wheels, thus giving it more ground clearance. --L*64

Thanks for the input. I'm pretty new to the forum and have garnered a bunch of great information just lurking and searching. It's a great asset. Hopefully I get the chance to contribute as the oportunity arrises.

My concern with the BBR Triple clamp is that it reduces the distance between the top and bottom triple clamps. i.e. even more fork flex. I wish they made a corresponding bottom triple clamp that would reach down like the top does. Unless anyone knows if there is such an item being manufactured???

Great point about the kick stand and also, motoman364, thanks for posting a pic of the seat. I had seen this option recently, but had discounted it for no reason really. I'm finding the bike a bit small to sit on. Granted, additional ground clearence would be nice but as luckystar64 points out, I'm not gaining travel, just clearence.

Maybe a Guts Racing seat and some cheap bar risers would accomplish my goal...? Hummm.

Again thanks for the input. It helps!!

Another question motoman354, is your rear tire a 110/100-18 ? Looks good and beefy. Also, what brand? I'm in the market. I'm going to be pulling off my stock Pirelli's that came with the bike. I'm not too impressed with them and looking for options.

I think I'm Hi-jacking my own thread, but what the heck. The picture of your bike is painting a thousand words. Nice set up!

Thanks!

The forks are 1994 CR500 forks. A friend had run them on an 89 CR so they already had a steering stem that fit the 230s bearings when I got them (92, I think and on have bigger lower bearing)

The rear tire in the pics is a 100/100 Cheng Chen and for being cheap worked pretty well. I am now running a Dunlop Geomax MX51 100/100 and I love it. Our tracks in Michigan go from pure sand to hard clay and I have not found it lacking on any of them. Plus after 15 MX weekends and several practice days it barely shows any wear.

Here is a trick to raise your bars a little cheaply. Scrounge up a set of top clamps for handlebars then go to the hardware store and get some 3/4 of an inch longer bolts for your bar mounts. Take your bars loose and put the clamps you got under the bars up side down on top of the lower clamp. Bolt the bars back down with the longer bolts. Your bars will be 3/4 of an inch higher. Do not have to even be Honda clamps. Have been using that trick since the 70s. Man am I getting old. Jeff