Sign in to follow this  

Flex Jet Busted

So after two mellow rides (both up in the trails near Pine Cove-Idyllwild, CA), I was loading my bike and noticed that my handy dandy remote fuel screw was just dangling under my carb. The "wire" that it uses to attach to the float bowl screw looks to have just snapped clean off. No apparent bends or anything. Anyone else have this experience or is this just a little bad luck?

defo a weak spot in the design, I have broken two flex jets in that spot... On my third one now..

Think it snagged something while being ridden?

Not unless it snagged on my pants. I called the number on the website and they offered to send out a new mounting wire/bracket no charge, no questions asked. Man I love great service. Seems so rare these days. Big thumbs up for R&D Racing! :thumbsup:

Mine broke after one ride the same way. I just took off the broken wire and then wired it up with safety wire out of the way.

7 years on the original with no issues

Thats pretty impressive considering that the product has only been on the market since around 2008.....

I have heard of this occurring more than once but thought it was isolated to the earliest versions of the screw. I've literally installed dozens of these screws and have yet to see a failure. Call R&D and see if they'll send you out a wire clip.

I put one on my 09 in 12/08. Good luck so far. It did lock up from dirt but was ok after I sprayed it with a light oil.

The key to not breaking them is to shoot them (the flex part) with WD-40 or some lube occasionally especially if you ride in wet conditions or power wash your bikes , also , if you email or call R&D , they will most likely send you a new one free of charge , i broke the little wire mount after 5 years , i emailed them on a Friday , they emailed back that same day , asked for my mailing address , they sent me 2 , free of charge and they arrived by Thursday , pretty good customer service if you ask me !!

Thats pretty impressive considering that the product has only been on the market since around 2008.....

ont let the vtruth get in the way of a good quote:lol::thumbsup::lol:

anyone have contact info. for R&D? I did a google search but couldn't fine them. Mine broke after only a few rides.

Thanks for the link Professor Krannie. I have 14 hours on my X and noticed that the wire was broken a few weeks ago. Mine broke right at the float bowl screw and I am willing to bet that is where they all break (stress point). I have zipty'd it up and out of the way for now but, like the safety wire idea if I can't get a replacement right away. Just sent R&D a note asking for a replacement.

Funny that I just saw this post. Mine broke off too just this weekend. I just pulled a ziptie and kept riding. I'm not too eager to install it back the same way if it's just going to break off again.

Thanks Krannie, email sent. I think I'll work on a better mount this weekend. Doing some PM work on Friday and Saturday getting ready for the new race/enduro/DS season.

that was fast, got a request for my address in less than an hour!

Edited by Nayther