Sign in to follow this  

KTM fan and oversized tank. 450exc

Will a OEM KTM fan fit with a 3.1 gallon tank ? it looks very tight I was wondering if anyone else had tried it. It is for a 2007 450exc. Found a good deal on a fan today online ($94)25% off.

05 with IMS tank- also very tight.

I tried a $15 Radio shack plastic frame fan. Only 1" clearance. I used a 1/4" tab of aluminum for shroud anchoring and nudged the radiator fwd 1/2". It fits with 1" or 1-1/8" and cools great. Blue leds in the frame show operation and it's tied with a couple small nylon ties. Small power use to boot. On ebay - about $3 each shipped. 4 months use to date.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-120mm-Fans-4-LED-Blue-Computer-PC-Case-Cooling-/120740667038?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1cb45e9e

If you don't want the cheap fan from the kinky Chinese store, maybe the tab trick allows enough room.

It should fit if the tank is an OEM from on 05. I have the XC tank and mine fits with no problems.

Will a OEM KTM fan fit with a 3.1 gallon tank ? it looks very tight I was wondering if anyone else had tried it. It is for a 2007 450exc. Found a good deal on a fan today online ($94)25% off.

3.1 clark and a ktm fan will work on the 2007 exc

I have an 08 450 EXC and I put on both the fan kit and the 3.4 Acerbis tank and it fits just fine. Not to mention, I like the fact the tank comes with it's own petcock. I also found out that Acerbis makes the stock tank for KTM.

I have a 2007 450 EXC with the 3.1 Clarke tank and KTM fan kit. There is not fitment issues or clearance issues with the fan but, although the tank is solidly attached, I was a little disappointed with the way the tank fit to the frame. The KTM tank fit perfect...the Clarke tank not so perfect. In no way am I disappointed with the Clarke tank, I just wish it fit as well as the KTM tank.

Just my $0.20, for what it's worth :thumbsup:

I found out that I have an IMS 2.9 Gallon tank and there is no way it will fit. I still have the original tank but like the bigger one. I put on an overflow bottle so I will try that out to see if I need a fan. Can someone tell me what the symptoms are when the bike is overheating.