Suzuki Suzuki quadrunner lt 160 help please

Hey guys I just bought (not sure of year suzuki quadrunner lt 160) and I picked it up for 500 cash brought it home put 93 gas in it and it wouldnt start. Most likely bc the previous owner ran it completley out of gas even reserve was empty. But I finally got it to start rode it around and it runs rugged, doesnt idle good but will and still cuts off if u let it sit for a minute. So I got seafome and a brand new ngk plug put it in and it will not start. Can amyone please help me step by step on how to give this thing a tune up? I really do not want to lay a finger on the carb im scared of those things. And doea anyone know if I can change the wheels and tiresto something beefier? I would like to even the stance put smaller but wider back tire on and taller front tire on but have no clue what size to get. And I wanted yo get a new front body bc its cracked but geeeeez 200 bucks juat for.the front? Is there another way around this? Thanks please help sincerely mike.

does anyone know where i can find cheap used plastics for this quad? and the seafoam seems to have done the trick :thumbsup: i really believe this is a great bike for the money, id just like to know how old it is? how can i tell. all i know is it has yellow plastic that just says "quadrunner" thats all im trying my best to get this bike looking and running its best. but i need to know the year to get a manual to help. any info is GREATlY appreciated thanks again mike

Hey there. Probably the reason you haven't gotten a reply is because there aren't many LT-160s out there anymore, and I have found most who are big enough ATV enthusiasts to put in the effort here, have moved on to more modern, larger machines, or weren't even in the sport when the LT-160 was around (very cool machines, by the way.) As for the age of the quad, I'm pretty sure they haven't been made since around 1990-1991, maybe earlier. As for plastics.....wow...where to begin. Most aftermarket plastics, over the years, have been made for the sport/race quads only, pretty much. The Quadrunner 160 is considered a 2WD utility quad. There was never any aftermarket to speak of for such a machine...no demand. Its like my first machine....a Kawasaki Bayou 220. Nobody made anything for that machine, except for Kawasaki, of course.

Good luck, and good riding!

I've just been told the LT-160 was still around as late as 2003. If this be the case, I stand corrected on what I thought was an accurate fact.

Suzuki made these bikes from1990-2005.

I have a 2003 that I found on craigslist for $150. It needed some engine work, new plastics, lots of new bushings, chanin, sprockets, etc etc etc. All said and done I spent about $1000 all together and have a like new bike. Plastics were the most expensive parts exceeding $400 for thefront and rear.

Plastics are not cheap even for this older bike. I found the rear plastic NOS on ebay but I had to buy the front from maier usa, you might still find the plastics there but they won't be cheap. There are lots of new and used parts for these bikes on ebay. I just did a quick ebay search and 1,801 items came up.

As far as the servcie manual, the basic design on that bike did not change for the whole time Suzuki made it. I believe any year manual would work just fine. I also found my service manual on ebay.

It should have a VIN stamped on the left side of the frame near the shifter/reverse cable. A Suzuki dealer should be able to tell you the year by the serial number.

These are really good little bikes once you get them sorted out.

Check this link for exploded parts fiche and part numbers:

http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID/3/Type/All-Terrain_Vehicle_(ATV)/MakeID/2/Make/Suzuki/YearID/44/Year/2003/ModelID/6187/Model/LT160_QUADRUNNER

Edited by ur2silly

Yo I'm a new member. I picked my lt 160 up for 800 dollars. Motor was mint and had some mods. No racks or anything. I looked into it (mine is a 1990) and I think they were made from 86-04. I found a sticker for age on mine on the left side stuck on to the framework in front of the carb. It was black and silver and peeling from heat. You can tune bike with the little screw on the outside of the carb visible from left side. It's brass? And adjusts airflow. On mine(mikuni carb) counterclockwise brings revs down and clockwise brings revs up. Yeah plastics are now specialty parts so expensive