Sign in to follow this  

basic suspension questions....

1.is it possiable that a rider will feel harsh impacts in the handlebar because of to fast rebound?

2.in the rebound stack, is there a low speed high speed like in the base valve?

3. what is the best way to make sure your triple clamps are 100% aligned?

thanks guys.

2.in the rebound stack, is there a low speed high speed like in the base valve?

yes. rebound is mainly affected by the spring. at the fully compressed spring you would have fast rebound, at a slightly compressed spring only slow rebound.

to get a more linear speed curve, rebound is often a 2-stage stack. including the bypass (clicker) I would call it 3- stage stack

on a small braking bumps before a curve, im talking enduro riding...

according to what you say its the low speed rebound that works?

so low and high speed in rebound depends on how much the spring is compress?

so low and high speed in rebound depends on how much the spring is compress?

mainly, yes. but your weight and your kinetic energie is working against the spring

ok, so now shim stack question... :-)

let say a rebound stack is ending with a OD 12mm 0.1thick shim. (last shim)

if i replace it with a OD 12mm 0.15 thick shim, in 1 hand the shim is thicker and will make the stack harser, but on the other hand... because its taller (0.15>0.1) it will give the all stack the option to band more and make it softer...

how should i look at it? is the 1 clear soultion or its a metter of diff opinions?

ok, so now shim stack question... :-)

let say a rebound stack is ending with a OD 12mm 0.1thick shim. (last shim)

if i replace it with a OD 12mm 0.15 thick shim, in 1 hand the shim is thicker and will make the stack harser, but on the other hand... because its taller (0.15>0.1) it will give the all stack the option to band more and make it softer...

how should i look at it? is the 1 clear soultion or its a metter of diff opinions?

you have to tell if this is a clamp or acting shim. but even if it would be a clamp, the rebound speed is very little compared to compression. so I doubt the stack would bend until it hits the backing plate...

if its no clamp, lets say the clamp has OD 11mm, then the stack would be stiffer