Sign in to follow this  

big problem

okay so i have a wr250f that wont start. i was riding it at these jumps near my house and it just died like it ran out of gas and i had to push it all the way home. i have check the carborator, the spark, and the gas lines and their all fine. the bike isnt seized or have a blown piston. i dont know what to do now. i cant take it in to a mechanic because i simple just dont have the money. so i was hoping someone could give me a little tip on what to check. thank you

So if you open the bowl drain screw, fuel comes out?

And the plug is clean and has a good spark?

Pull the valve cover and check the timing. If you were going over jumps and were chopping the throttle in mid air, your timing might have jumped a tooth.

The bike needs spark, air/fuel and compression. Willing to bet it is a fuel problem. Is the carb getting fuel? Take the hose off the carb and turn the petcock open. Is enough fuel coming out? Did you leave a rag in the air box? Was the choke left on? What year is your WR?

there is enough fuel coming through the carb and there is a new spark plug in and there is a spark but im not sure if it is a good one. my bike is a 02