Sign in to follow this  

02 cr 125R

im lookin to buy this 2002 cr 125R, im 15, 160 pounds and im just wondering if this is a good bike or not, ive heard mixed ideas about the honda 125 2t, so im lookin for straight up answers, it looks clean from the picture he sent me and im just wondering what you guys think, fast advice is appreciated, thanks guys

Well it has been known to be weak because of the servo power valve. It should be fine for you, if it is a good deal then jump on it.

Well it has been known to be weak because of the servo power valve. It should be fine for you, if it is a good deal then jump on it.

I think most people have complained about the 04 specifically with the powervalve issues.

A 125 is quite technical to ride "properly" but this fact is why you will become a better rider. If/when you switch to a 4-stroke you will feel like its "cheating". When im having a slow day where I feel lazy I ride my thumper.

When I feel extra "spunky" I jump on the smoker. At the end of the day I feel like I went so much faster on the smoker even tho I am actually faster on the thumper. The difference is I have way more fun on a 2-stroke, even tho it takes more to ride one. They definitely arnt for everyone!

I can say I wasnt happy with my 03 CR250 after spending quite a lot of time messing with it. My 06 YZ250 I have loved since day one, and its completely stock!

Anyone want a smokin deal on an 03 cr250? :thumbsup:

i know what to look for, whats been the problem with the power valves

They are finicky. The electronics seem to be unreliable.

A 125 is quite technical to ride "properly" but this fact is why you will become a better rider. If/when you switch to a 4-stroke you will feel like its "cheating". When im having a slow day where I feel lazy I ride my thumper.

When I feel extra "spunky" I jump on the smoker. At the end of the day I feel like I went so much faster on the smoker even tho I am actually faster on the thumper. The difference is I have way more fun on a 2-stroke, even tho it takes more to ride one. They definitely arnt for everyone!

I can say I wasnt happy with my 03 CR250 after spending quite a lot of time messing with it. My 06 YZ250 I have loved since day one, and its completely stock!

Anyone want a smokin deal on an 03 cr250? :thumbsup:

thanks for the help man!, im coming off an 07 ttr 125 just sayin ^^

is there anyway to fix that?

Swap in the older motor with a mechanical PV! :ride:

thanks for the help man!, im coming off an 07 ttr 125 just sayin ^^

WOW! Big jump, please be carefull! :thumbsup:

Swap in the older motor with a mechanical PV! :worthy:

WOW! Big jump, please be carefull! :thumbsup:

heh :worthy: get right on that, thanks for the help man and quick response, your awesome! :ride:

If you want a 97 cr125 motor I have one on eBay right now with a fresh rebuild.

04 and up have the electronics, not an issue in your case. The problem the newer CRs have is the Mikuni TMX carb. I just bought a sweet 03 and it ran like crap, (so it was cheap!), after reading all the CR125 carb posts here, I checked ebay for a 36mm Airstriker and found a perfect one for $100. JD jetting set me up with a kit, and I had it dialed in perfectly in a couple of hours. The bike pulls really clean and strong on the bottom and absolutly rips on top. I think the CR haters should ride one with an Airstriker, they'll change their minds.

The 00-02 are the best years for the cr125 motor tuned right they have untouchable mid-top end power compared to other 125's and really who needs bottom end, does anything sound better than 125 15000rpm?