Sign in to follow this  

Just installed a Rekluse exp 2.0 in my 01 yz250

This thing is :worthy:AMAZING! I have it set on medium engagement and It works flawlessly and as far as installation goes its a cake walk. Went and gave it a test run today and I would definitely say it is worth purchasing if you do alot of tight woods riding like myself. I really like how stalling does not exist with the exp (I tried my best). Much easier to concentrate on every other aspect of riding without so much clutch work like sliding into corners or rear brake use in the air etc.

I've been thinking of getting one for my bike. When you DO use the clutch as normal, how do you find the lever pull effort to be verses stock clutch?

I've been thinking of getting one for my bike. When you DO use the clutch as normal, how do you find the lever pull effort to be verses stock clutch?

It is about 40% stiffer with the EXP 2.0, but the up side is you don't have to pull it in.

It is about 40% stiffer with the EXP 2.0, but the up side is you don't have to pull it in.

Ugh....I think the stock pull is too stiff as it is. May have to rethink this...

Ugh....I think the stock pull is too stiff as it is. May have to rethink this...

Apparently the full Core EXP has a normal clutch pull and harder hit but nearly twice the cost.

This thing is :worthy:AMAZING! I have it set on medium engagement and It works flawlessly and as far as installation goes its a cake walk. Went and gave it a test run today and I would definitely say it is worth purchasing if you do alot of tight woods riding like myself. I really like how stalling does not exist with the exp (I tried my best). Much easier to concentrate on every other aspect of riding without so much clutch work like sliding into corners or rear brake use in the air etc.

The Rekluse EXP 2.0 is the single best mod that I have ever done to any of my bikes. Clutch pull really isn't an issue for me because I never even touch it on my YZ250 since installing the EXP 2.0. :thumbsup:

As far as clutch pull goes It is the least of my problems with how much i am not having to use it. With the exp 2.0 you can still blip the clutch while riding to get power sooner just like stock. It can be set to engage/disengage at low/medium/and high rpm's with the springs they give and when going downhill your motor no longer free spin while in gear which isnt healthy for 2 strokes anyway. Almost like cheating:ride:

The bike can be started in any gear without the use of the clutch lever. If you are ripping on the throttle threw the gears it is advised that you shift with the clutch because it is obviously engaged like a normal clutch pack. As long as you are not on the throttle (engaged) you can shift it into any gear as you please without pulling the lever. Very simple mechanism.

Just pulled the trigger on the EXP 2.0. I may do the second hole in the clutch lever mod if the pull is too heavy, but I don't plan to use the clutch any more than I have to anymore. Looking forward to trying this thing out.

Just thought I'd give an update. I ordered an EXP 2.0 from rockymountain for my 09 YZ250 and noticed the box was labeled part #6073 for YZ/WR450F. I called and talked to Rekluse to confirm this was the correct kit. They told me they made a recent change for the YZ250 2st and the new part # is 6070. The only difference is they decided the 2st needed the heavy wedges where the YZ/WR450F kit comes with medium wedges. They are sending me a set in the mail.

Just thought Id put that out there for you guys that may be running the EXP 2.0.

• Like 1

Thought I would pass this on, since I had to learn the hard way: even though you can now pull a 2nd gear climb in 3rd with an autoclutch, you still need to do it in 2nd gear... Just because the A/C let's you lug a higher gear, you're still compensating by slipping your clutch essentially, which can burn up your clutch prematurely. Enjoy it, the A/C is awesome, but don't get too lazy on your shifting.

Just thought I'd give an update. I ordered an EXP 2.0 from rockymountain for my 09 YZ250 and noticed the box was labeled part #6073 for YZ/WR450F. I called and talked to Rekluse to confirm this was the correct kit. They told me they made a recent change for the YZ250 2st and the new part # is 6070. The only difference is they decided the 2st needed the heavy wedges where the YZ/WR450F kit comes with medium wedges. They are sending me a set in the mail. Just thought Id put that out there for you guys that may be running the EXP 2.0. ...

Interesting, Heavier wedges should mean earlier engagement. That is what I'm looking for. Mine is the 6073. I will contact them.

Just thought I'd give an update. I ordered an EXP 2.0 from rockymountain for my 09 YZ250 and noticed the box was labeled part #6073 for YZ/WR450F. I called and talked to Rekluse to confirm this was the correct kit. They told me they made a recent change for the YZ250 2st and the new part # is 6070. The only difference is they decided the 2st needed the heavy wedges where the YZ/WR450F kit comes with medium wedges. They are sending me a set in the mail.

Just thought Id put that out there for you guys that may be running the EXP 2.0.

Thanks for posting this. I called Rekluse today and they said that they would send me new wedges right away. The new heavy wedges are made of brass.

• Like 1

Yep, they said they found the 2st would slip a little more than they wanted to see with the medium wedges, hence the heavy wedges. Still haven't got mine, called today and they said they'd get them sent out today.