Sign in to follow this  

1999 YZ125 Gas Tank

Alright, a few weeks ago I picked up a 125 as a project/starter bike. It's not pretty by a longshot, but runs strong. I did notice when I originally bought it that the gas tank was cracked, but I got the bike so cheap it didn't really matter to me.

Anyway I've tried patching it multiple times, but the gas eats through whatever I throw at it.:ride: I'm finally looking for a gas tank and I found a couple cheap on ebay. The '99 ones are always an auction and the price is very high the end.

However, there are a lot of 2002's that are buy-it-nows and very cheap. I can tell the shrouds won't fit by picture, but what about the rest of the tank? The one I found comes with shrouds so no worries there, and looks fantastic (Not that that matters to me.:thumbsup:)

Does anyone know if the 2002 gas tank will fit a 1999 YZ125 or does it need modifications? If so, what exactly needs modding and how is it done? I've searched TT a bit for this but had no luck.

Thanks in advance.

It needs some modding to fit but will work. There are a few threads on here. One pretty recently in a bike build thread.

It needs some modding to fit but will work. There are a few threads on here. One pretty recently in a bike build thread.

Thanks for the quick reply. You wouldn't happen to remember that thread would you?

EDIT: Found one that talks about it, but the pictures of the brackets aren't loading.

Edited by Trykman