Sign in to follow this  

09 hot start

Who here doesn't use there hot start? I loved my wifes 07 kx250f that I decided to trade my 08 ktm 250sx for a 09 kx250f with cash. I took the carb off right away and jetted it with some jets I had laying around. 45 pilot and 178 main. The bike starts great. The hot start was seized and still is seized but since It starts good I haven't worried about it.

The bike runs great..megabomb header and factory 4.1 exhaust. I need to get some suspension work done sometime. Isn't as smooth as my wifes bike. Rebounds to quickly but I'll live til I have cash to get some work done.

Anyways, does anyone use there hot start?

Never use it on my '09.

thats good to know.not having one hasn't let me down yet.

I rarely use mine on my 09, it starts great warm or cold :thumbsup:

Only trouble I have had was with the hot start cable where it goes into the top of the carb the plastic screw clip thing that screws in and holds the cable in came loose and damaged the thread, replaced that and its been great since but very rare I use it.

i use mine when hot. the plastic elbow should be replaced right away,mine striped out at the track once lost a day of riding now i grease and put an aluminum one on right away. it is not nessasary to have have it working but its nice to have. also in the hot weather in FLA drop the pilot down to a 42, and the nycs needle is the best

I've been thinking about the nycs needle. I did a bunch of research and that is what everyone recommends..that and one similiar to it. I can't remember exactly. But She's getting pretty cold here right now. Getting into the darn 40s and night. WTH. I'm from michigan... I only thought it got cold in the north..haha. But plan on going to 42 pilot and 175 main in the summer..well spring. I can't stand being outside in 100 plus degrees... I sure ain't going to be riding in that.haha. But yeah when she warms up i'm going to lean it out some more. She seems to run good. Its hard to compare that to my old bikes. I just got rid of my 08 ktm 250sx.. Wish I didn't but it handles a lot better and I need to learn to corner! Having to carry corner speed on a 250f is fun. You really have to use all the power to clear some jumps where on the 250 2 stroke you have some room to spare. I ike that about a 250f.

i only use mine if i go down and want to keep riding right away

if my bike sits for 10 mins i don't need to use it

if my bike sits for 10 mins i don't need to use it

Haha, hence the name "hot start". After 10 minutes it´s not hot anymore!

Haha, hence the name "hot start". After 10 minutes it´s not hot anymore!

hey give me a break

when i first got the bike i thought it was a compression relief until i traced the cable down

this is the first bike i've owned thats been newer than mid 80's lol

hey give me a break

when i first got the bike i thought it was a compression relief until i traced the cable down

this is the first bike i've owned thats been newer than mid 80's lol

I remember those DR 350´s with that strange compression release... It wasn´t one of those you had?

man..i went and looked at a older dr650... it was a biatch to start. It was street legal and I was planning on making it a supermotard looking bike. Never did get it though. Wife shot me down because she could start it..lol.

I remember those DR 350´s with that strange compression release... It wasn´t one of those you had?

just did a top/bottom end rebuild on a 01 yz250f. it had the compression release where it pushes the valve bucket down. i used it a few times but never had success starting with it. i dont understand it? bike needs compression to start. doesnt the carb hot start just shoot some extra air?

just did a top/bottom end rebuild on a 01 yz250f. it had the compression release where it pushes the valve bucket down. i used it a few times but never had success starting with it. i dont understand it? bike needs compression to start. doesnt the carb hot start just shoot some extra air?

On the YZ-F, the compression release is used to be able to just nudge the kick starter past the hard spot (TDC). Then you release the lever, return the kick starter all the way back up, then kick it all the way to the bottom.

I've been thinking about the nycs needle. I did a bunch of research and that is what everyone recommends..that and one similiar to it. I can't remember exactly. But She's getting pretty cold here right now. Getting into the darn 40s and night. WTH. I'm from michigan... I only thought it got cold in the north..haha. But plan on going to 42 pilot and 175 main in the summer..well spring. I can't stand being outside in 100 plus degrees... I sure ain't going to be riding in that.haha. But yeah when she warms up i'm going to lean it out some more. She seems to run good. Its hard to compare that to my old bikes. I just got rid of my 08 ktm 250sx.. Wish I didn't but it handles a lot better and I need to learn to corner! Having to carry corner speed on a 250f is fun. You really have to use all the power to clear some jumps where on the 250 2 stroke you have some room to spare. I ike that about a 250f.

stop thinking and do it, u will be amazed how much power is made buy proper jetting. plus with the 42 pilot i bet your connering gets better, the rich bottom end slowes the revs and makes the bike stand up. i havd done alot of testing on the kxfs.

stop thinking and do it, u will be amazed how much power is made buy proper jetting. plus with the 42 pilot i bet your connering gets better, the rich bottom end slowes the revs and makes the bike stand up. i havd done alot of testing on the kxfs.

Alright..next order I make I'll make sure I get some more jets..lol.. I just took the bike apart again lubing up the cables and other things and noticed I forgot to plug the TPS back in when I installed the carb last weekend. LOL.

Man what a dumb mistake. I thought it felt alittle sluggish. Didn't run terrible but felt down in power after rejetting it. Makes more sense now. haha. Well I should be going riding next weekend if nothing is going on here at work.

i run my stock needle in the 3rd (middle position) notch and then my pilot is a 42 and main is a 170. u switch between 165-170 depending on the temperature and where ill be riding. i use this jetting for stock exhaust and a TWIN air filter. bogs a little bit with the uni filter on it. aftermarket exhaust gets the same jetting and the twin filter. ive ran this jetting with stock, fmf, DRD, pro circuit and it was spot on every time