sand pits in ocean county NJ and surronding areas

hey bin riding the pits in ocean county alot. Mostly claytons I believe on 539 but could be lacy road ( Im 16 so dont drive yet) anyway this past weekend we tried johnsons pit agian behine the old strip mall fun but risky and alot if sugar sand not a place for people who dont change there back tires ( my uncle) anyway seeing that there are alot me like the cowboy or wobm whatever you call it I was just wondering if theres anymore that would be worth trying. Also if anyone could find some safe parking for the pit in jackson let me know

don't post this on the NATIONAL forum because you will get better results posting in the regional forum that includes 'Jersey. People that live near you will be on there and can answer more easily. scroll down the forum list to the bottom where it has regional listings.

Joe

Never mind

Edited by JJMILLER1
Being the better man

Not trying to be an ahole but give ya the heads up on stuff.never post your riding area because the police and enviro nuts can access this forum too.I believe when people got busted in gliddens back when they had that big sting.It was because some 1 blabbed on 1 of these forums and the police got organized and on it like white on rice.Just becareful thats all.

• Like 1

Riding any where in Ocean County is risky. The local police know all the pits and trails where people ride because there are so few places left. One of the main reasons why I've given up on dirt bikes and got a street bike. Too old to run from the law and got bored of riding the same places.

• Like 1

Riding any where in Ocean County is risky. The local police know all the pits and trails where people ride because there are so few places left. One of the main reasons why I've given up on dirt bikes and got a street bike. Too old to run from the law and got bored of riding the same places.

get a dual sport and your good to go in the pines.

• Like 2

hey bin riding the pits in ocean county alot. Mostly claytons I believe on 539 but could be lacy road ( Im 16 so dont drive yet) anyway this past weekend we tried johnsons pit agian behine the old strip mall fun but risky and alot if sugar sand not a place for people who dont change there back tires ( my uncle) anyway seeing that there are alot me like the cowboy or wobm whatever you call it I was just wondering if theres anymore that would be worth trying. Also if anyone could find some safe parking for the pit in jackson let me know

no where legal to ride in NJ unless you have a dual sport. whatever spots you have your best bet is keeping it quiet.

I had been riding dual sports since 1986. Just rode so much in the state forests that I knew all the trails like the back of my hand. Going to try the street bike thing for a few years. I'm already missing the woods. Thinking about a Husky TE-630 type of bike sometime in the future. Something that is 50% street, 50% dirt.

Not trying to be an ahole but give ya the heads up on stuff.never post your riding area because the police and enviro nuts can access this forum too.I believe when people got busted in gliddens back when they had that big sting.It was because some 1 blabbed on 1 of these forums and the police got organized and on it like white on rice.Just becareful thats all.

I know what your saying but these cops have known about these spots years before I was borning. They used to have the budget to send atv police around and helicopters but now in this economy they havent been seen in the pit with in years. They just look for the guys parked around it. But a empty truck with a trailer isnt enough evidence to charge someone if it aint private propertry

I dont have much intention of getting one the sand there is to beachy in alot of areas for half bald dual sport tires and I like my yz and dont wanna turn it into a woods weapon rather keep it the mx money pit that is really fun. But maybe in my later years Ill consider a wr and ktmxcw

I had been riding dual sports since 1986. Just rode so much in the state forests that I knew all the trails like the back of my hand. Going to try the street bike thing for a few years. I'm already missing the woods. Thinking about a Husky TE-630 type of bike sometime in the future. Something that is 50% street, 50% dirt.
i hear ya, mabye try the rocks in PA for a change of pace.