Sign in to follow this  

Anyone wearing AXO Prime Boots?

Just as the title says im looking to get a pair and wondering whether they are worth the money? Do they fit well? Good Protection? Comfortable?

A buddy of mine bought them...buckles broke...the toe box is too big, and now require duct tape to hold them on.

If you spend your money on some Gaerne GX-1, you'll say thank you later.

I broke my ankle in a pair of AXO. It wasn't even a crash just landed sideways on a road jump. I will never buy a cheap pair of boots again. There is no reason to cheap out on protective gear...

Well I currently and have only ever had 100$ pairs of boots I found a sale there suppose to be like 300 and i found them about half off hoping to upgrade to a nicer pair something not so cheap that possibly would be a little better quality

I picked up a pair from Rocky Mountain. They were $150 and I had a $50 gift certificate. $300 boots for $100 shipped in 3 days. How can you beat that?

I have only used them for one ride so far. Like the reviews, I saw read, the toe box is big and ankles stiff. They started to break in a bit. Does plastic really break in? The toe box is actually big and tall. The area is taller then Alpinestars so the shifter has to be raised if it can.

I picked up a pair from Rocky Mountain. They were $150 and I had a $50 gift certificate. $300 boots for $100 shipped in 3 days. How can you beat that?

I have only used them for one ride so far. Like the reviews, I saw read, the toe box is big and ankles stiff. They started to break in a bit. Does plastic really break in? The toe box is actually big and tall. The area is taller then Alpinestars so the shifter has to be raised if it can.

That is a pretty good deal and they are good boots.

A buddy of mine bought them...buckles broke...the toe box is too big, and now require duct tape to hold them on.

If you spend your money on some Gaerne GX-1, you'll say thank you later.

Hey, thats me! Slackker's right, don't purchase these boots. In fact the first buckle broke within a couple of hours and without a crash/big impact. Then the retaining pin on the other side just fell out about 6 months later. I'm also a pretty casual rider and get out a lot less than the average guy. My boots have about 600 miles on them and have basically fallen apart. Get the GX-1 or something else. The only thing I like about the AXO boot is that they offer a lot of impact protection. Other than that I really don't like them and would consider them one of the worst dirt bike related purchases I've ever made.

I have had great luck with this boot. If you have any problem call them, they have great customer support. Very good protection.

If you have any problem call them, they have great customer support.

This was not my experience. However, I am happy that you did. Perhaps I got the wrong people on the phone.

im also looking at the Scott 250 boots 179$ and the Oneal Clutch boots 89$ i am seriously broke and THE ONLY reason i have any money right now is because i have a broken wrist.. normally all the extra goes in to keeping my bike up. Now i am trying to rush with minimal cash to get the new gear i have desperately needed for the past 6months so any help would be great.. thanks guys

Update for anyone interested.. Scott 250 boots get my thumbs up!! they are vvery comfortable and had almost no breakin time.. and still very supportive first pair the seam on the inside of the (outside) right boot seperated first ride. but called rockymountain back and they didnt hesitate to warrenty the boots and sent the new pair after that its been smooth sailing!