Sign in to follow this  

small hole on the right side of the head under water inlet???

What is the small hole on the side of the head of an 08 KX250F that is beneath the water inlet?

It appears to be a weep hole similar to the one at the bottom of the water pump?

If you are talking about the hole that is located on the right side of the head, that is the drain for the spark plug.

Keep the spark plug drain hole clean. If it clogs up with moisture in there the water can boil and pop the coil off, causing the engine to stop.

just as an aside, I had oil drain out of the spark plug wheep hole today as I rode at the track. I did not notice until after I got home. I tracked the source of the oil down to the o-ring that sits below the cam cap and is visible in the spark plug tube. The o-ring somehow came out of its spot and it is sticking out into the tube a bit and that is where the oil got through the head in the cam chamber and into the tube and ended up out the wheep hole. I looked up a parts diagram and it gave me a part number that is now changed at the dealer. They had a part that was different and it is a tad smaller. Do not know if it is a fix or what, but I have read about this happening to other people. The o-ring gets popped out and I do not think it really has much of a groove to sit it in. Just a heads up...I would not have known what this was today except that I had read a post on here about the exact same thing happening. I think it is smart to change the o-rings out every time you take the cam cap off.