Sign in to follow this  

Handle bar bend?

So I bent my stock bars and im looking at some new ones either renthal twinwalls or fat bars what is your opinion? Also I have never tried another bend and don't know what I should get. I'm 6'2" and have heard alot of people recommending the rc high for my height but I am worried about getting them to tall and it feeling weird in the turns... What are your thoughts and opinions twinwalls or fatbars and what bend would fit me the best? Thanks.

I've heard of a lot of pro's getting twin walls and cutting the piece in the middle to make them less rigid, but still have that crossbar feel. I'm going to try that next. I'm 6'0, but I personally like my bars in my lap almost. I run the RC/Kawi. Its a personal preference thing...kinda like a putter in golf!

I'm 6'3" I've settled for the Pro Taper Windham (RM mid) Both bend and height just feels pretty natural to me.

When you think about it, just because you are tall doesn't mean you need a tall handlebar. Usually your arms are proportional to your body. You get more comfortable by moving the handlebar forward, not by raising it.

The RC Highs are the perfect tall guy bars. They have the same 54mm sweep as the stock CRF bars, just 20mm taller.

I'm only 5'8" and I like CR High, very close to Windham and RC High. Check out "this chart" for dimensions on bars:

The CR High and the RC High are nothing alike. The CR High is an inch shorter and has a lot of sweep. The Windham is even shorter. The CR High and Windham bends are a poor bar choice for someone over 6' tall.

The CR High and the RC High are nothing alike. The CR High is an inch shorter and has a lot of sweep. The Windham is even shorter. The CR High and Windham bends are a poor bar choice for someone over 6' tall.

I disagree:bonk: , I'm 6'3" and have the CR highs on all my bikes , love them .:thumbsup:

I disagree:bonk: , I'm 6'3" and have the CR highs on all my bikes , love them .:thumbsup:

I'd highly suggest that you try the RC High bend. It really is better bend than the CR High for a guy your size.

BTW, the CR High is shorter than the stock CRF bars. The CR High's excessive sweep also makes it more difficult for a tall guy to transition from sitting and standing, but if you like them, that's all that matters.

Thanks for the replies I think I'm definitely goin with the rc high bend. Should I get the twinwalls or the fat bar?

I have the Twinwall with crossbar removed on my CRF450R, it's a very comfortable and soft bar, nearly indestructable as well.

i say just get the normal renthal bars. fat bars and twin walls will bend too and they don't carry any warranty either. why pay extra for something that is going to inevitably bend? besides, i've taken some decent bails with my renthal 7/8" bars and they're still straight. my stock bars bent from dropping it in a sand berm at 5 mph lol.