Sign in to follow this  

2013 crf 450

Someone had to do it..

Just reading a local mag here in NZ, looks like someone found patent registration, enough to make them write an article.

They don't have much info but say new chassis, new styling, motor tilted back, more tapered swingarm and twin pipes.

You guys heard anything?? I am a bit skeptical..

There is definitly a new chassi and styling coming out in 2013 , that has been confirmed by Honda Racing Europe manager Roger Harvey. And it will most likely already be ridden in 2012 GP's by factory Honda riders Bobryshev and Rui Goncalves.

But I'm skeptical to some of the stuff you mention.

Oh please, not the twin pipes...

Nah mate... triple pipes. Like some of motogp bikes lol.

But seriously i hope they don't go to twin pipes, what a flop that idea was.

Someone had to do it..

Just reading a local mag here in NZ, looks like someone found patent registration, enough to make them write an article.

They don't have much info but say new chassis, new styling, motor tilted back, more tapered swingarm and twin pipes.

You guys heard anything?? I am a bit skeptical..

Please scan, post a picture, or post a link to that which you are referring to...

Thanks! I am sceptical, too!

If you look at the October 2011 issue no:72 of the UK Moto magazine page 22 they have all the info and photos in there. The bike look really good

If you look at the October 2011 issue no:72 of the UK Moto magazine page 22 they have all the info and photos in there. The bike look really good

You need to Scan does pics and post em here NOW !!! :thumbsup:

Don´t need to... just found it !

crf2013.jpg

This is ofcourse a artistic picture but clearly the Moto-Magazine has been speaking to the Honda Japan crue and got some hints of whats coming up in 2013. The guy in the right corner is the man behind the 2009 design.

Don´t need to... just found it !

crf2013.jpg

"Artist's impression" on the right side..

Well, apperently the world spins faster than I expected...

Evegny Bobryshev#777 and Rui Goncalves#999 are infact in Japan right now, testing the 2012 factory bikes ! (2013 pre-production bikes)

314388_264547930253673_100000954033287_735971_78642275_n.jpg

303790_264547046920428_100000954033287_735969_2043297410_n.jpg

Things you can see with the naked eye: New Exhaust routing, new swingarm, and the rearshock seems to be hidden...normaly the reservoar is seen from the right side but on this bike it can´t be seen.

not to mention new kickstart design and alu tank.. is it just me or do the radiators look lowered ? air boot looks to be on both sides now, covering the shock reservoir, deeper motor breathing ? this ultra-long header will improve the bikes top end eh..

I believe honda engineers got inspired on other manufacturers for 2013..

this also made me remember this 2011 prototype with a "super bomber" header

http://www.motortrendinformations.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/258x9555.jpg

Is it me or the front forks look black like the kx450f's?

Remember that this is full blown factorybike . That fork is a Showa fork, same as those used on the factory Honda's in US.

But don't be surprised if the 2013 production crf450 comes with Showas.

Why would they route the exhaust like that?

they must want to burn the packing out faster , because that is what wrapping the pipe will get you :thumbsup:

Ok so it does look like something is happening then, great, can't wait!

I think that artists impression looks sweet!

I hope they make some advancements!! But that header would have to be at least 2 pieces in order to get it off the bike!! No room to go forward or sideways to get it off etc. New frame and more centralized mass with more overall power and easier ecm mapping/hand held device would be nice. And lets knock another few pounds off while were at it! Still not a fan of the wrap around header. But if it works?

if they did put the ex port back on the other side it will probably come with a header like the earlier years like the one on the new 250's , I doubt they would send out bikes with heat wrap on the headers , that would look like hell after a few rides , the pipe shown on the bike is probably one they made one off , the headers don't need to be that long , the pre 09 bikes even ran better stock

i see how it says "artist's impression", but it looks almost like a honda mixed with yamaha in the shrouds with some ktm side number plates thrown in. love the dual exhaust though, i'd definetly get one if i had the money.