Sign in to follow this  

drz 400s big bore project fmf mounting problem

hey guys im nothinman i just got my 07 drz s about 3 weeks ago cherry with 2800 miles its got a few mods dj jet kit, k&n, clarke tank, had a moded stock pipe with cap, 3x3, 41 sprocket which is nice for cruzin at 70 still pulls very strong, but would like to make more low end and power and lol maintain realibilty. first off i work at a bike shop so i have acesses to parts and special labor (not bragging) that being said ive got a perfect spare cylinder im gonna have bored for free ive got $22.50 in the cylinder i can buy a piston any brand i like i would like to do a je 95mm and use a s gasket for 12:1. but i dont want to sleeve, i want to nikasil and maybe port the water jacket (not piston side) since so little cost in project. or should i do the trad. 94mm "440" nikasil. gonna do hot cams and fcr but which one 39 40 41mm i have a selection. and gonna use engine ice. now to the exhaust i just bought full fmf powercore4 (cheap till yosh later needed the s headpipe gone) i really liked the modded stock can thump and was hopin the fmf would give more thump (like my friends dr650 fmf does) but seems to sound more like mx, anyways the suppiler has an inventory problem and i got sent an e slip on so i have to mount to the fpeg no rubber bush will this damage the pipe or produce un wanted destructive vibration. i can send it back but i know ill get the same pipe back since its a inventory prob. so id have to send it to fmf with a long turn around. any thoughts anybody runnig a reliable 453? thanks you guys kickass:thumbsup:

Have you done a search? From what I recall reading in threads on here if you go bigger than 94 mm on the bore you may have problems keeping the head gasket in it and sleeves are not the way to go.

Im not a grammar nazi , but if you toss in a little bit of punition it makes it a lot easier to read, and or reply to your posts.

Unless you can plate and have the cylinder finished honed with tooling capable of cutting nikasil, the entire job has to be done in house at a place like Millennium technologies. The cylinder has to be bored, plated, then finished honed..

94mm is as large as you want to go for reliability, unless using an aftermarket cylinder like the IceCube. Especially with the HOT Cams, your gpoing to have issues keeping a head gasket in place.

Skip the FMF, unless you’re just looking for a nice look and sound. If power is your goal, MRD, Yosh Ti, Muzzy Ti are your best three options.

thanks for the info guys. yea sorry about the informal writing style text to much i guess. any body know where to get white plastics other than suzuki? and which carb fcr 39mm 40mm or 41mm?