Sign in to follow this  

I need a shock for 2011 300XC mine exploded!

Went riding today and my shock came apart and destroyed itself! I took it apart and it looks like the nut that holds the piston on the top of the shaft came loose and off! The shock is completely destroyed inside!

This shock has never been apart,serviced or rebuild. It has about 125hrs on it.

I need a shock for the 2011 300 XC! I was told that they are different than all previous years but I think it is the same as the 2012 300xcw. Anybody have one they want to sell?

Thanks!

Being a 2011, does KTM provide any warranty? Since you've taken it apart already, it may be difficult to prove anyway IDK.

If you have to replace the shock, I would be looking at the quality after market pieces that are out there. It'll probably cost you the same or even less.

Being a 2011, does KTM provide any warranty? Since you've taken it apart already, it may be difficult to prove anyway IDK.

I didn't need to take it apart it exploded! I'm gonna check on the warranty, I want to talk to a rep or KTM. Anybody have a contact?

Please don't say "talk to the dealer" ! WOW! I have'nt thought of that!:thumbsup:

KTM has a 30 day warranty. Oh and you shoulda had it serviced around 40 hrs or so. 125hrs on stock fluid. It probably looked like black jello inside:busted:

I didn't need to take it apart it exploded! I'm gonna check on the warranty, I want to talk to a rep or KTM. Anybody have a contact?

Please don't say "talk to the dealer" ! WOW! I have'nt thought of that!:ride:

Easy there tiger. :thumbsup:

Try 1-440-985-3553

If you do get a hold of them I might fudge on the hours some 100+ is a lot for never having it serviced. Good Luck.

I have one !!!

KTM 300 xc 2011

The shock is only 18 hours.

Let me know !!!

I have one !!!

KTM 300 xc 2011

Let me know !!!

PM sent!

Thanks!

KTM has a 30 day warranty. Oh and you shoulda had it serviced around 40 hrs or so. 125hrs on stock fluid. It probably looked like black jello inside:busted:

As a matter of fact the oil that was left inside was pretty clean! No Jello or pudding!

Just saying man, maintenance is cheap buying a new shock isn't. It if was off for service you may have found the problem before it blew up.

Just saying man, maintenance is cheap buying a new shock isn't. It if was off for service you may have found the problem before it blew up.

Yea sometimes I go with the "If it aint broke don't fix it!" In this case that did'nt go to well.

Yea and If it was revalved it would hopefully would have been tight or if I serviced it maybe I would have found it.

I didn't have the tools to service it myself, mostly just the nitrogen. But I'm gonna get that squared away for the next one and learn how to valve it myself.

I have an extra Ohlins TTX I'd sell, huge improvement over stock and weights one pound less.

What year and model bike is it for? They are different lenghts for different years and models. I don't know how much difference it makes?????????:thumbsup:

I have one !!!

KTM 300 xc 2011

Let me know !!!

I sent you a PM!

Can you send me a message with your info?

Thanks

mechanical failure has nothing to do with maintenance in this case, IMHO. I would call KTM USA. They may stand behind it. I called them once for a buddy several years ago when the bikes were having cold start fouling issues, about 05-06.

Tommy posted the #.