Sign in to follow this  

California Going to Cow Mountain - Any Advice?

I'm going to Cow Mountain this weekend with my 2 sons. My older son and I are very experienced, and the younger one is a good rider, but not so experienced. He's a little intimidated by downhills. We can ride hard sections for him, though.

What are the best trails to ride, and where's the best place to camp? We've got street legal WRs, but the youngest doesn't have a license. I'm still OK with going a few miles on street with him.

Thanks,

Toby

Ya get a map, you can camp in the red moutan camp ground unless your in a big motorhome, if so you'll want to camp on the Lakeport side in the river bed get a early start. Rode Cow last weekend and we got a early start, didn't see anyone but when we got back to the staging area it was getting crowded, the conditions where awesome. Wish I could ride this weekend I would show you around.

stonyford this weekend! it's the jackhammer enduro. they are allowing a d & e class that don't require ama membership. marked course and remote gas and sweeps. great trail ride.

My advice? Keep driving and ride at Penny Pines. aka CC Camp. Just another 20 miles.

Go to the upper parking areas, though there is a huge camping area at the bottom.

Get a map and you're set. A GPS unit wouldn't hurt.

Are the local meth heads still stealing gas cans?

My advice? Keep driving and ride at Penny Pines. aka CC Camp. Just another 20 miles.

Go to the upper parking areas, though there is a huge camping area at the bottom.

Get a map and you're set. A GPS unit wouldn't hurt.

Are the local meth heads still stealing gas cans?

Agree weekend, not always mid week, no gas can problems.