Sign in to follow this  

piston and clutch replacement help 07 yz250f

its time for a piston and clutch on our 07 yz250f...would you go with a 08 oem piston kit or just use the kit sold for the 07? what clutch setup works best as a replacement including springs? thanks for any help or suggestions:ride:

its time for a piston and clutch on our 07 yz250f...would you go with a 08 oem piston kit or just use the kit sold for the 07? what clutch setup works best as a replacement including springs? thanks for any help or suggestions:ride:

08 OEM works great and is inexpensive.

What issue are you having with the OEM clutch?

anybody else know if the 08 piston kit with gaskets will work on the 07 yz250f or would it be best to just get the 07 yz250f oem piston kit with gaskets

thanks shrub...im hoping the gaskets from the 08 kit will be the same as the 07 kit thats what idk but i did know the piston will work...my oem piston has 75 mx hours on it

thanks shrub...im hoping the gaskets from the 08 kit will be the same as the 07 kit thats what idk but i did know the piston will work...my oem piston has 75 mx hours on it

Are you considering this setup?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2009-YAMAHA-YZ250F-TOP-END-PISTON-KIT-W-GASKETS-OE-/110439186398?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D3642773277882093066

That's a pretty good price. I've been shopping for engine parts for this winter's rebuild and I have a pretty large spreadsheet going now. The cheapest I can find those parts from is Zanotti for $111.81 plus shipping, but you need to enter each part number manually.

Take note though, on the Ebay auction, they have the PN for the piston as 5XC-11631-00-00 I don't know what year that's for, but looking for a piston for my '04 the diagram said it has been superseded by 5NL-11631-10-00 If you are looking for specifically a '08 piston, you might want to be sure that's what you're getting. EDIT: Woops my bad, I didn't notice the 5XC-5NL difference... Looks like 5XC-11631-00-00 is indeed the number for '08 and it's a few bucks more from Zanotti than the '04 for a total of $118.45... Pretty much the same price.

Does anyone have a list of what year pistons are compatible? I think I saw '03-'09. Does that go up to '11 now or are '10 and '11 different from earlier years?

Go with all Yamaha genuine OEM parts. The only NON-oem part I use is a Wisco clutch basket. I don't like the stock piece, not enough oiling openings. shifts way smoother with the wisco coated basket....